Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Header Discount condistions not editable

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have the following requirement.

I have some 5 pricing conditions at Item level such as Gold Price, Diamond Price, Labour Price , Final Price etc. We are maintaining these for each item in VK11. The header conditions would show the sum of these Prices for all items. The things I want to do is:

1) I have 5 relevant discount conditions for each of such condition mentioned above.

2) these discounts should be applicable at header level only. In short they are header conditions.

3) I want these discount conditions to be editable at Header only,

4) Currently, they are just visible at header level, not editable. On the contrary, they are visible and editable at item level. I want it to be editable at Header level only. further, is it possible to have them in display by default without having to select them manually and then put the value?

Thanks,

Binita

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi binitha,

for standard header condition record cannot be created.

1) I have 5 relevant discount conditions for each of such condition mentioned above - ok

Gold Price

Diamond Price

Labour Price

Final Price

2) these discounts should be applicable at header level only. In short they are header conditions.

2.a. you can apply it on header only.

3) I want these discount conditions to be editable at Header only,

3.a. in manual entry screen you can take C - manual entry has priority.

4) Currently, they are just visible at header level, not editable. On the contrary, they are visible and editable at item level. I want it to be editable at Header level only. further, is it possible to have them in display by default without having to select them manually and then put the value?

4.a. because they will have no limitations on manual entry screen.

give me the list of condition types which you have used as an header discount conditions or from which standard condtions it has been copied

hope your issue is solved

balajia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Balaji, in condition configuration screen , for this discount condition , I have:

1) Selected Condition class as 'Discount or surcharge, the option 'C' in manual entries , ticked Header condition

2) In pricing procedure, for this condition, I have unticked 'Statistical' . what should I do with 'manual' and 'mandatory' options?

By making it manual , I have to select it with F4 and then put the value. can't it be there in header by default and I put the discount value? (currently, such setting is available in item level. )

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi binitha,

this is to inform you that:

1) Selected Condition class as 'Discount or surcharge, the option 'C' in manual entries , ticked Header condition.

1.a. ok

2) In pricing procedure, for this condition, I have unticked 'Statistical' . what should I do with 'manual' and 'mandatory' options.

2.a. un tick statistical and check manual - because as there no access sequence for header conditions you cannot maintain condition records.

3. By making it manual , I have to select it with F4 and then put the value. can't it be there in header by default and I put the discount value

3.a. this feature is not there as item level in standard SAP

balajia

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Binita,

1) Selected Condition class as 'Discount or surcharge, the option 'C' in manual entries , ticked Header condition

Perfect Setting but make sure u have not selected Item Condition

2) In pricing procedure, for this condition, I have unticked 'Statistical' . what should I do with 'manual' and 'mandatory' options?

make it manual so that you can give the values as and when required

By making it manual , I have to select it with F4 and then put the value. can't it be there in header by default and I put the discount value? (currently, such setting is available in item level. )

In OVKK i.e. pricing procedure determination, there is column CONDITION type, if we five some condition type say ZP00, then during your sale order processing, The condition type ZR00 will in the row of the item for you see the value of the item and if condition record not maintain you enter in the value in the sale tab only

I am not sure, if we can use this for HEADER CONDITION type but you can try

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alright Balaji. I will have to convince user to select it with F4. I have one more issue with this discount condition. In Header, I select it with F4 and put some value now. there is no effect on net value. discount is not getting deducted. in the from and to logic for this discount condition , I have given step 1 where I have this base value. I dont understand what should i do. strangely, at item level, if i give discount value for the same condition, it gets deducted perfectly from base value.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi binitha,

please put all your query one time.

balajia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, firstly, condition was not editable in Header, you said it wont be as it is not possible with standard. I will have to select it with F4. I accepted that solution and went ahead with defining value after pressing F4. now, the discount has no effect. so I checked the pricing procedure logic and reported it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi binita,

explain with the example which you have taken in your system.

balajia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alright. to make it simple, i am taking just one condition.

At Item level :

a) For Item1 : I have condition ZGLD : Gold Base Value : INR 2,000

b) For Item2 : I have condition ZGLD : Gold Base Value : INR 8,000

At Header Level :

1) I have ZGLD : 10,000 (sum of both the gold values at item level)

2) I have discount condition ZDGL :Gold Discount : which i select through F4. I put the percentage value as 10%. this 10% is applicable on the Gold price only(INR 10,000). Hence, 1000 Rs. should be deducted from the final price. this is not happening.

(If I maintain, one more condition for diamond at item level same as mentioned in a) and b) and create a diamond discount condition at header as mentioned in 2) , that discount should be deducted from diamond condition value.)

in the pricing procedure, I have given , ZDGL (Discount on gold) from 1. because '1' is my step in pricing procedure for 'ZGLD' (GOLD BASE VALUE).

Thanks.:

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi binitha,

if this is your exact requriment.

At Item level will flow from codition records with mandatory as field.

At Header Level :

1) I have ZGLD : 10,000 (sum of both the gold values at item level) - this comes under the development because you have to add and hard code the header condition type by an abaper by adding two condtions at item level that is ZGLD - base values.

2) I have discount condition ZDGL :Gold Discount : which i select through F4. I put the percentage value as 10%. this 10% is applicable on the Gold price only(INR 10,000). Hence, 1000 Rs. should be deducted from the final price. this is not happening -

2.a. this has to be a header condtion type, in sequence of conditions you can give there in pricing procedure.

hope this is applicable for all the conditions as mentioned by you

note : if your requriment is this exactly.

balajai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Balaji,

Please see my comment in bold.

At Item level will flow from codition records with mandatory as field.

At Header Level :

1) I have ZGLD : 10,000 (sum of both the gold values at item level) - this comes under the development because you have to add and hard code the header condition type by an abaper by adding two condtions at item level that is ZGLD - base values.

This is already happening without ABAP's help. I have the sum of respective item conditions in the header condition.

2) I have discount condition ZDGL :Gold Discount : which i select through F4. I put the percentage value as 10%. this 10% is applicable on the Gold price only(INR 10,000). Hence, 1000 Rs. should be deducted from the final price. this is not happening -

2.a. this has to be a header condtion type, in sequence of conditions you can give there in pricing procedure.

The discount condition ZDGL is header condition only, statastical unticked and manual entry preference ticked. in pricing procedure, I have mentioned the from-to step of this condition as the step number of ZGLD (gold base value). it still does not apply. Am I missing anything?

hope this is applicable for all the conditions as mentioned by you

note : if your requriment is this exactly.

balajai

Edited by: Binita Joshi on Dec 8, 2010 12:07 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

this is to inform you that,

This is already happening without ABAP's help. I have the sum of respective item conditions in the header condition.

1.a. please explain to FORUM, how you did the above.

The discount condition ZDGL is header condition only, statastical unticked and manual entry preference ticked. in pricing procedure, I have mentioned the from-to step of this condition as the step number of ZGLD (gold base value). it still does not apply. Am I missing anything?

2.a.a. this has to happen. please check once again and confirm.

balajia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Balaji, I have no clue why it does so. I am writing precisely what I am doing.

1) I have one condition in pricing procedure called ZGLD.(Gold base price.)

2) I have marked 'Item Condition' in its setting.

3) I have also defined one access sequence for this.

4) In VK11, I am maintaining this condition for each material.

5) In Pricing procedure, at Step 1, I have mentioned this condition with statastical ticked.

6) I select two items in sales order. for each item, if i select condition tab, I can see value which I have maintained in VK11 for this ZGLD condition. for Ex, for Item 1, it is 200 Rs. for Item 2, it is 400 Rs.

7) If I check header condition tab, I can see ZGLD as 200 + 400 = 600 Rs.

😎 I have created one discount condition ZDGL (Gold discount) that should be applicable to this sum of all item gold conditions that I am currently getting at header level.

9) ZDGL is header condition, statastical not ticked, From Step 1. Manual entry has preference.

10) putting discount percentage in ZDGL has no effect. If I put 5% in ZDGL, 600*5% = 30 Rs. should be deducted from total price of sales order. this is not happening.

I have checked every possible option and afraid I am doing some very basic thing wrong which I do not know.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

sorry to say this.

only one question per thread.

balajai

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi: Please check this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/dd/56177a545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/frameset.htm

and see how the header discounts are set up in the standard pricing procedure RVAA01.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Binita,

As balajia told you can follow the same way and maintain "C" Manual entry has priority. Mark "TICK" for Header conditions

Then, i hope your problem will get resolve

Regards

Reddi