cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MM Condition Types values flow COPA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

My client requirement is MM Condition Types Values Should flow to COPA like SD to COPA. I had seen a screen that KE4IM is there we can map our COPA Value Field and MM Condition Types. But I am not sure that values flow to COPA, Because No document will be generated in FI or other while doing PO.

Pl suggest me how can I fullfill this requirement.

Regards,

Balaji Bhonsle.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji

You should ask your client whats their business need.. ask them not to speak SAP language

1. When you do Goods Receipt - It would update to balance sheet and hence, COPA does not come into picture

2. If you do an account assigned GR, then you can post to COPA with PSG as a CO object

3. While doing PGI, you can update to COPA with some modifications in the system

4. While scrapping the goods, you can post to either a cost center or to COPA as a CO object...

So, ask them not to confuse you with unwanted things... Ask them whats their specific business need and take the accounting entries.. That itself will clear the air

Regards

Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you read config doco for KE4IM you will find a statement:

"It is also possible to transfer conditions from MM to update billing data in pooled payment in the IS Retail system. These are transferred according to the same rules as SD conditions."

So KE4IM is only used in IS Retail. Are you IS Retail?

If not you probably want to bring conditions from purchase orders to CO-PA.

I agree with Ajay except for point 1.

You can actualy trigger CO-PA posting during goods receipt (and invoice receipt) for PO.

In order to achive it you need to activate "Purchase Accounting" in MM.

SPRO -> Marterials Management -> Valuation and Account Assignment -> Account Determination -> Account Determination without Wizard -> Purchase Account Management

Please read doco for Purchasing Account. In a nutshell when you activate it system will post addtional line item for GR and IR:

Purchasing account and Purchasing Offseting account for value of purchased nmaterial and also for delivery costs.

In table T030: Purchase account(EIN), purchase offsetting account (EKG), freight purchase account (FRE).

Define EIN and FRE as cost elements and map to profitability segment in OKB9. Leave EKG as P&L account (no cost element).

Then map cost elements to value fields in COPA.

Done.

Cheers,

Szymon

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Usually, the purchase accounts are not created as cost elements

if you update just the purchase data to COPA, it would be of no use... You need to have billing dimension in COPA too

Regards

Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ajay,

There requirement is to get Frieght Inward Charges incurred by product level in COPA. During MIRO this Frieght Inward line item will be generated as Credit Item because it was mapped as Balance Sheet Account i.e Frieght Inward Payable. For this MM condition types are maintained.

There is no Product Costing because it is not manufacturing concern. and Purchase Accounting is activated.

MIRO Entry is:

Stock in Hand Dr

To GR/IR Ac Cr

To Custom Cr

To Frieght In Payable Cr

So, how can we get this value at product level in COPA.

Regards,

Balaji Bhonsle

Edited by: brb.sap on Dec 8, 2010 10:20 AM

Edited by: brb.sap on Dec 8, 2010 10:29 AM

Edited by: brb.sap on Dec 8, 2010 10:32 AM

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You should not.. based on the entry that you have written, it means that freight is already Inventorized... So why would you pass an entry to COPA then?

thats not correct!! because, your COGS will already have this frieght element... If you pass freight to COPA at GR also, it will be double accounting in COPA

Regards

Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ajay,

I agree with your statement. Then, Is there any possibility to get the freight Inward Report by product level.

Thanks,

Regards,

Balaji Bhonsle.

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji

Yes, you can!

1. Execute your report for GL Frieght In Payable (FBL3N)

2. Include the Field BSEG-MATNR (MAterial) in your layout.. If it is not available, include it as special field SM30 (table T021S).. Then it should be available in your FBL reports

3. If MATNR is blank in this GL account (Ideally it should not be), then use exit RGGBS000 (FI Substitution) and populate MATNR in this GL account

Regards

Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ajay,

Thank you very much. Now I am clear with your solution.

One question in Finance: When we transfer Bank to Bank, How can we print the cheque?

Regards,

Balaji Bhonsle.

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

No idea.. Pls post it in FI forum

Regards

Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Balaji,

Ajay is doing great job, but i request post your 2nd issue in separate one do not club in one forum..

With Best Regards,

Satish..

Thanks Ajay for prompt replies..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ajay,

thanks for your great help. Pls forgive me because of the posting FI Thread in CO.

Again and Again my heartfull thanks...

Regards,

Balaji Bhonsle.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay, I need your valuable points, we are going to implent a project for that in the i nitial stage my Project manager asked us to prepare PPt on integration between Controling and other modules

1) MM to Controliing where we link( values flow to Product costing /copa) is it PA transfer structure or OKB9 settings we have to maintain?

2) SD to controlling (Ke4I) is correct) how the revenues flow to copa is is with the same t-code or VKOA

3) PP to copa where we link

Kindly give your valuable points

Arjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Is this also applicable for foreign currency PO?

I also have the same requirement but the currency of conditions is different from the Operating Concern and Company Code currency.

Thanks!

Dryan

kapil_mehta
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a query about flow of value from Purchase order cycle to COPA. Which scenario in COPA should I configure to achieve this "Direct posting from FI/MM" OR "Assign MM Condition type to COPA Value field" ?

In my PO cycle, if I am debiting consumption account at time of GR. I also have price variance in entire cycle. If I want to post this to COPA, Which configuration is needed ? 1. PA Transfer structure or KE4IM ??

When is KE4IM Assign MM Condition type to COPA Value field used ? I have not seen much usage of this configuration. Any inputs will help.

Thanks

Kapil

Answers (0)