cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Bid Invitation (RFx) Config set up in SRM7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

We are configuring SRM7.0 with ECC6 ( Ehp4) having Classic Scenario.

Understood the process of the Restricted RFx and aware of the process of the Public RFx and the difference is public RFx published on Company's Home page and in RFx need to maintain PORTAL ...plz corrcet me if I'm wrong..

Can anyone suggest/guide what exactly is the Process to config the Portal and how to publish on the web...Is anyone come and directly enter the RFx Response or need to create the Contact person or Bidder...or something else...etc

Thanks in advance

Regards

NAP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

I am totally new to SRM & I have given task of Bidding process for RFx, i need to understand what and all configuration required for this, can you give me the documents for beginer level.

Thanks

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Public Bid u2013 You need to assign only one dummy Bidder in Bidder list. All Bidders (who has having SRM Portal User id) are able to view every Published Bid as well as able to Submit there own Bid.

Restricted Bid u2013 You need to manually assign the interested Bidder in Bidder list. Only added bidders are able to view and submit Published Bid.

Itu2019s depending upon your business process that which Bid you want to create. If tender fee process exists then Bid type should be Restricted Bid.

Following process are available to Create Bidder in SRM

1. From ROS( Registration of Supplier from web)

2. Replicate Vendor from backend and assign User Id in SRM

3. Create local Bidder in SRM and assign User Id in SRM

Through SRM Administration - Create Supplier you can create supplier with User Id.

Regards,

Abhijeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijeet ,

Do you any comment /answer on my below query ?

1) ....Instead, in RFx creation process, simply add a normal bidder that is in your system. --->>>> I think our IT department host the website /Homepage (Portal ?) of the our company ...do you want to say we have 400 Vendors /Bidders in the SRM replicated from ECC Vendort Master data....But as per your above statement ..if we add all these 400 Bidders..then how it is then PUBLIC ?.....we want to publish Public RFx on website of our Company (that is what my understanding of Public RFx).....and by adding Bidders...how it'll be published on the website/portal of the Company..accessible to any intrested Party..even who 1st time approaching...?

2) What will be process of creating "Contact Person" for the intrested Parties ...who 1st time approaching ?

Thank you

Regards

NAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

First of all you need to understand the working process of Restricted Bid and Public Bid.

In both the case at least one bidder has to assign in Bidder list. If you are using Public Bid then you need to assign one Guest User Id.

accessible to any intrested Party..even who 1st time approaching...?

Ans. For that first you need to make one Guest user with minimum Authorizations. Assign this Guest Id in RFx u2013 Bidder list. After assigning this bidder now you are able to publish the bid.

Through Guest Id , Bidder can logon and view Published Bid. Now the question is how other people will get Guest User id and Password. You can display the guest id and password in your SRM page or you can create one Push button like u2018Guest Logonu2019. So with the help of this user can logon directly without entering User Id and Password. Through development it is possible.

You can visit following link. Same approach they have been implemented.

https://etender.ongc.co.in/irj/portal

if we add all these 400 Bidders..then how it is then PUBLIC ?

Ans. In case of PUBLIC bid you need not to assign every bidder. Public bid means every bidder is able to view Bid. Itu2019s not a matter that how may bidder you have. Assign only one bidder either it may be dummy user or Guest user.

Now question is how bidder will get Published Bid Information?

1. Bidder having SRM Id - Bidder will logon through his own Id. Through RFx and Auction link they can view Published Bid even their User Id not added in Bid. If bidder is interested in Bid then first he should click on the Register button. After that Bidder Id will automatically add in Bidder list.

2. Bidder not having SRM Id: I had mentioned above for Guest Id approach.

2) What will be process of creating "Contact Person" for the intrested Parties ...who 1st time approaching ?

Ans. Through SRM Administration - Create Supplier you can create supplier with User Id.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Have you solved your issue?

Regards,

Abhijeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijeet,

I agree with your idea of using 'Guest Logon' for unregistered or potential bidders. Now coming to the concept of creating contact person for first time bidders, can we go for workflow concept where the first time bidders themselves will trigger the creation of contact person? Once the information is filled up by the potential bidders, it will trigger an approval task for the Purchaser. On approval, it will take the purchaser to the 'creation of contact person' in the portal.

I guess, there was a standard workflow template in SRM 5.0 although I am not sure about SRM 7.0.

Any comment on the concept will be highly appreciated.'

Thanks and regards,

Ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Secondly, since SRM 7.0 Enhp 1 bidding activities from bidder part has been moved to SUS portal instead of SRM portal, has there been any significant change in the contact person creation?

Any update will be highly appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Ranjan

pedro_santos6
Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pedro .

This link takes me on SAP SRM on service Market place. It'll be very appriciated if you can suggest the exact document with path.. or any other documnet or link..etc

Thanks in advance

Regards

NAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone suggest/guide what exactly is the Process to config the Portal and how to publish on the web...Is anyone come and directly enter the RFx Response or need to create the Contact person or Bidder...or something else...etc

RFx publishing process is the same between public and restrict RFxes except for the "RFx type" when defining it. On the bidder side, only valid contact person (registered with the purchasing company) can log on to Portal and find those public RFxes and submit bids. Not exactly ANYONE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

Thank you for suggestion, It'll be very much appriciated if you can share/guide me your expertise on below 2 questions

1.What need to enter in the RFx in the Bidder tabpage, since it is Public ?..I read we need to enter Portal..something ? If it is Portal, then what exatly it is ? Is it Portal Ext BP or Enterprise Portal ( EP) ? And how we creates/customize it ?

2. And about the "bidder side, only valid contact person (registered with the purchasing company) "--Who & where will create these Valid Contact person ..is bidders himself craete it..or its same as the Bidders 'Contact person'..which must need to create for Restricted RFx ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

NAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts ,

Any news please ? I stucked on this....

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.What need to enter in the RFx in the Bidder tabpage, since it is Public ?

It's somewhat confusing. But you would have to just enter a dummy bidder (or any existing bidder in your system) or a portal provider. Otherwise you can't publish the RFx.

2. And about the "bidder side, only valid contact person (registered with the purchasing company) "--Who & where will create these Valid Contact person ..is bidders himself craete it..or its same as the Bidders 'Contact person'..which must need to create for Restricted RFx ?

What I meant was the same concept as you mentioned "Bidders contact person". Such contact is not only used for Restricted RFx, but also Public ones. The only difference is that public RFx will show up in the POWL result list for all bidder/contact persons in the systme, while Restricted RFx only show up in that of those who are invited.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jay !! Appricate your help.

But still not cleared .

1. It's somewhat confusing. But you would have to just enter a dummy bidder (or any existing bidder in your system) or a portal provider. Otherwise you can't publish the RFx.

->Agree . In Public RFx...we must need to enter some BP.I want to publish the Rfx (i.e. Public) on Homepage (website) of the Company. So I need to enter PORTAL PROVIDER in the RFx . Am I Correct ?..If yes, How & Where, this PORTAL PROVIDER need to be created ?. ..How to put this URL on Company's homepage ?

2. What I meant was the same concept as you mentioned "Bidders contact person". Such contact is not only used for Restricted RFx, but also Public ones. The only difference is that public RFx will show up in the POWL result list for all bidder/contact persons in the systme, while Restricted RFx only show up in that of those who are invited.

->Do you mean, for all the intrested Bidders, need to create the "Contact Person"? If yes, who will create it Bidders themself or Purchaser ? and How ?

It''ll be very apprciated , if you can guide the detailed step/ document Flow for Public RFx.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

NAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Company. So I need to enter PORTAL PROVIDER in the RFx . Am I Correct ?..If yes, How & Where, this PORTAL PROVIDER need to be created ?. ..How to put this URL on Company's homepage ?

Portal provider is a type of business partner for the purchasing company. You can define such BP in transaction BBPMAININT (and choose "portal provider" as a type), or through your enterprise portal's "create business partner" function (with SRM administrator role).

->Do you mean, for all the intrested Bidders, need to create the "Contact Person"? If yes, who will create it Bidders themself or Purchaser ? and How ?

Yes. It's the "contact person" who can actually log on to the portal, search for RFx and submit bid. Purchaser side can create contact person (which is, similar to "portal provider" mentioned above, just another type of business partner) through transaction BP, or transaction BBPMAININT.

I am afraid there aren't many official documentation out there regarding the RFx set up or process.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jay. Really appriciate.

1.Portal provider is a type of business partner for the purchasing company. You can define such BP in transaction BBPMAININT (and choose "portal provider" as a type), or through your enterprise portal's "create business partner" function (with SRM administrator role).

-->> For whom I've to create BP:Portal ??...as per above I have to create it ...for my own Company ( own Purchaing Company)..Isn't It ??...I tried to create the BP Portal in SRM web browser thru SRM Administration ->Create Document->Business Partner : Portal........but stucked ahead ....I'm puting VG 50000025 from PPOSV_BBP....In Business Partner Type section there is default tickmark for PORTA ( what is PORTAL SUPPLIER checkbox here ?? ) ...but getting error ...

Organizational unit 00000000 does not exist; check entries

Error creating business partner's 'organization'. Inform system admin.

Error while creating organizational unit; inform system admin.

Error occurred while locking organizational unit 00000000

Is my process & data selcetion is right ?

2.Purchaser side can create contact person (which is, similar to "portal provider" mentioned above, just another type of business partner) through transaction BP, or transaction BBPMAININT.

-->>In Public Bidding, Intrested Biddes vounterly go to the Company's website and ......then how Purchaser creates the Contact Person ? What is the Process and sequence for same ?

Sorry for asking too much..but I'm still not getting clear..and not getting any stuff anywhere.....will be very thankful

Thanks

Regards

NAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) "Portal Provider" is a company who hosts the portal for your company. If you are running your own portal site, don't try to create this type of business partner. Instead, in RFx creation process, simply add a normal bidder that is in your system. Any one would do. Those bidders are typically replicated vendors from your ECC system.

2) When you have already bidders in your system, log on to portal as an SRM administrator. Under "SRM Administration", create a "contact person". Or, if you have access to SAP GUI's BBPMAININT transaction, you can run that transaction and create contact person for an existing bidder. These two options are essentially the same. The contact person would be associated with an SU01 user in your SRM server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) ....Instead, in RFx creation process, simply add a normal bidder that is in your system. --->>>> I think our IT department host the website /Homepage (Portal ?) of the our company ...do you want to say we have 400 Vendors /Bidders in the SRM replicated from ECC Vendort Master data....But as per your above statement ..if we add all these 400 Bidders..then how it is then PUBLIC ?.....we want to publish Public RFx on website of our Company (that is what my understanding of Public RFx).....and by adding Bidders...how it'll be published on the website/portal of the Company..accessible to any intrested Party..even who 1st time approaching...?

Thank you

Regards

NAP