cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.NET Connector - Server Stub exe to Windows services

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using SAP .Net Connector - Server Stub exe for downloading data from SAP to SQL server. Now we are running this exe file in our server with the appropriate command line parameters.

Is it possible to convert the exe file to windows services? So that we don't need to monitor the exe file when restart the server. Otherwise is there another work around for this?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,

Govind.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sure. As far as I remember we even have a sample for this coming with NCo. Note that you need to transport the parameters for Gateway host, Gateway service, and Progam ID somehow differently to your code. You can e.g. store this information in the regitry and read it in you service.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your information. I am trying to install SAP .NET Connector 2.0 and I am getting this error

"You must first install the Visual Studio.NET 7.1 integrated development environment (IDE)"

Visual Studio 2005 is installed in my machine.

Thanks & Regards,

Govind.

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, the connector requires VS 2003 as is not yet available for VS 2005.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to add a follow-up to this question as it relates to a different question I have.

Can you explain to me what is needed to deploy\create an install of a project that contains the SAP .NET Connector?

Thank you.

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Installing an NCo-based application is just copying some DLLs. Please search the forum for "SAP.Connector.Rfc.dll" for details.