Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accounting entry problem for cancel billing document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have manufacturing process for SO to DC we follow the proces

Sales order -> delivery -> VF01 -> J1IIN -> VF02 release to accounting,

now when we do the above procees in billing document document flow we can see two accounting entry generated ref. to t. code VF01 and billing document number

now to reverse the above, we are following the procedure

VF02 cancel billing document we get new cancel billing document number then J1IIN reverse then again in VF02 we are releasing the cancel document number,

but earlier when we do the cancelation procedure only two accounting entries were generating under the original billing document and also under the cancel billing document, but now as soon as we reverse the invoice in J1IIN under the original billing document one additional accounting entry is coming which is generated ref. to T. code J1IH document type JM , and when we cancel and release the billing document there are three accounting entery under Cancel billing document number and additional entry is created ref. to J1IH document no. JM

so what can be the problem hiw one entry is generated by J1IH and what is eefect of this.

also I want to confirm when we cancel the excise invoice and billing document , how many accounting entries shouldbe generate, recently we have applied some patches, after thta we are facing this problem.

regards,

zafar

Edited by: zkarnalkar on Dec 8, 2010 6:50 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure but,

could you just test one scenario, wher you cancel the Billing document 1st and then you cancel the Excise Invoice?

Thank You,

RB.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not yet solve, close.

regards,

zafar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Bcoz system donu2019t show us the Excise Invoice Number in the Billing Document-> Document Flow.

As soon as you cancel the excise invoice and if it is showing the canceled Accounting entries below the referenced Billing document . Due to Which it becomes 3 Lines first two are of initial posting & third one of cancellation of Excise Invoice. Then it should not create problem for you.

Now once You cancel the Billing document --> new cancelled billing document get created and hence you are able to see the reversal accounting entries below it.

If the accounting entries are correct(from the posting point of view), can you please share a screen shot of document flow for the reference?

If entries are going wrong confirm from FI consultant in regards with the actual G/L postings. Then I guess you should raise the same to SAP.

Thank You,

RB.

Edited by: RB@007 on Dec 8, 2010 3:05 PM

Edited by: RB@007 on Dec 8, 2010 3:16 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RB,

Thanks for your reply,

I have cross check this,

As soon as we cancel the excise invoice then it is showing the canceled Accounting entries below the referenced Billing document . Due to Which it becomes 3 Lines first two are of initial posting & third one of cancellation of Excise Invoice.

Now when we cancel billing document all entry get reverse,

now in table BKPF after reverse of invoice I found that there are 3 entry ref. to document type D1, JS and JM and for those three there are 3 RR (reversal document are created) for fisrt two RR I found the original billing document number in the filed XBLNR and for the third RR document in XBLNR there is document number of JM document type as reference.

The accounting entries are proper.

But my confusion is that earlier we were doing the same procedure for reversal but for all old document there are only two accounting document are there in document flow as well as in table BKPF the RR document are also two.

so what can be the problem.

regards,

zafar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you help on this issue.

regards,

zafar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please confirm how many line items are present in your Invoice(billing Document) and check the setting whether single or multiple accounting documents are configured for multiple line items for 'RV' Sales accounting documents(VF01).

Billing document along with Domestic excise Invoice with Excise Posting should have following number of Accounting Documents

1) Billing Document Revenue Account Posting.

2) Excise Invoice Posting.

u2022Cancelation of Billing document should reverse the entries visible at above point 1.

u2022To cancel the Excise Invoice you follow the path through J1IIN-> After clicking on u2018Cancelu2019, the screen which appears, is same as J1IH-> Cancel Excise Invoice.

Request:

Please confirm whether the accounting entries single or whatever number are correct or not?

Thank You,

RB.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hI,

In billing only one item is there as yuo have given thee are two accounting entry initially in original document, but as soon as We cancel the invoice in J1IN(J1IH) on eadditional entry is getting created in the original documetnn also then in original there are now three accounting entry and then all three accounting entry are getting cancelled the third entry is created ref. to J1IH document type JM

regards,

zafar