cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage Type Search - Based on Ref Movement Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have a requirement to remove the same materials from different storage types based on the Movement Type (601 delivery for one storage type and 901- copy of 601 for removal from other storage type).

I have created the 901 in IM, given it a WM Reference and also created 901 as WM movement. witinin the WM Movement definition I have filled up the field Ref.Stor.Type Search with 901.

in the storage type search table OMLY I have defined this condition clearly for the storage type indicator and the Ref storage type search for this movement.

When I create the TO for a delivery LT03 for this movement type 901 this Ref. Movt type search does not seem to work. I goes to the search strategy for the storage type indicator without the Ref Stor Type search and gives me the option of removal from other storage types.

When I look at the logs for the search, it correctly identifies the Ref as 901 but on the next line it says 'Storage Type Search Masked' and then under the Ref there is 000.

Please that I do not have the stringent FIFO implemented for this storage type indicator thus this should not be masting the individual storage type search.

Any insights would be appreciated

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Frenchy

I do have the same indicator for both the movt type

I found my answer. The issue was that on the TO there was a storage loc ref and in my search strategy I did not have a entry with storage loc ref. Thus the solution was to either include the St loc ref in the search line or activate the access strategy for mov type ref search in omly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can only have one storage type indicator in the material master and this is the one that will influence the search

If you have 601 and 901 ref movement types it will still look at the indicator

Do you have the same indicator for each strategy and do you have then indicator set in the WM 1 view of the material master?

Frenchy