Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in opening pdf file from mail attachment sent thru MII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using MII 12.1.4 build(36).

I have created a pdf file from BLS using PDF actions block and saving the file in web location as mentioned below:

WEB://<ProjectFolder>/<subfolder>/Report.pdf

I'm using the same file as attachment in my m a i l action block with attachment content type "application/pdf" and AttachmentContent "ImageSaver.EncodedImage" or "PDFDoc.Output".

When i check the mail,i can see the attachment with some size of 8kb,but when I open the file i will get below error:

"Adobe Reader could not open Report.pdf because it is either not supported file type or because the file has been damaged(for example,it was sent as an m a i l attachment and wasn't correctly decoded)"

If I try to open the same file by exporting fit to my desktop,it opened properly.

Anything I'm missing here?

Thanks in Advane,

Suresh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Solved some way,but it is a bug and going to fixed in SP8.

For more info,check the below thread.

Kerbey..Genious. Thanks a lot.It eased my breath.

-Suresh Hiremath

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You will need to clear the java web start cache when updating your MII version else the Workbench will not update to the new release. Search the forum for the instructions (there are several ways to do it.). You may need to go back more than 3 months.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to below mentioned thread,this problem is fixed in 12.1.5 and above.

Then I deployed the new patch ie SP07.

Here there is one problem,ie in Menu page I can see the 12.1.7(Build40),when I open the workbech,it shows the previous patch 12.1.4(Build 36).Why is it so?

All of my transactions running fine except the one which I have mentioned in my previous post.

When I run the transaction mentioned in my previous post,it threw an excption for PDF Table Action block and the error mentioned below:

[ERROR] Error found trying to execute action 'PDF_Table_0' Exception: [null]
[ERROR] [PDF_Table_0] Action: Runtime threw an exception. Exception: [java.lang.StackOverflowError]

When I can check the m a i l, I'm able to open the attached PDF file without error but without data.Is it because of the above mentioned error?

Plz help me.

-Suresh