cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iview of type'Navigate' is not supported by Flash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I got a VC model developed in VC7.0 (sneak preview version) running fine with 'navigate To' function among my iviews in the same package.

I imported the same model in our dev server environment running with NW04S SP8 stack. I get the following error when I try to compile/deploy my application.

Errors in "serachEmpiView"

Element 'GradeDetails' of type 'Navigate' is not supported by Flash

Results

<b>Stopped due to errors!</b>

I also have flash player8.0 running on the server. The same version of flash player was also running on sneak preview.

Please help

Thanks

Sathish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

n"avigate to" feature is not supported in SP8. see note 853509 nad/or 936547.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gabi,

Thanks for the note.

I am wondering whether there is another way I can navigate from source iview to target iview (both are in the same page) in VC7.0.8

Any idea?. Does signal in/out connector will do the same functionality I expected?

Thanks

Sathish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basically, I want to have a web application kind of flow where the page should display the source iview only and from there I want to go the target iview by disappearing the source iview. This I was able to do with VC7.0 sneak preview version.

Thanks

Sathish

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm afraid that there's no good substitute for the navigate relay. And I think it's safe to say that it will be resurrected eventually.

You can get the flow you want by working with layers, although it is a bit of an ugly solution. The easiest way to do this is to have on gigantic iview with the source and target in different layers, and navigate between them.

Less ugly in some ways, and easier to understand, is if you place your source and target iviews as nested views inside layers in a parent iview. The problem is that you can't navigate from one nested iview to another. That means that the control that performs the actual layer change has to be in the parent iview.

I wish I had a less awkward solution to offer you. If you have any more questions, please ask.

Good luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eyal,

Thanks for your insight into the issue.

Infact I had already tried implmenting tab/layer feature in my application. However, I was getting into another known issue with flex compilation error (ie 32k issue)whenever my iview grow in size (by adding a chart or some other control etc)

Right now I stick with nw04s Sneak and hope SAP would reconsider supporting 'navigating To' connector very soon.

Thanks

Sathish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eyal,

Thanks for your insight into the issue.

Infact I had already tried implmenting tab/layer feature in my application. However, I was getting into another known issue with flex compilation error (ie 32k issue)whenever my iview grow in size (by adding a chart or some other control etc)

Right now I stick with nw04s Sneak and hope SAP would reconsider supporting 'navigating To' connector very soon.

Thanks

Sathish

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have never used the 'Navigate to' feature since that feature does not show up when using the Flash compiler, but what I think it does is take you to a target iview from the source iview on an event. What you can do as a work around in Flex is:

1. Have the source iview and target iview in different layers in the one iview

2. Pass data from a webservice to a 'signal out' in your source iview(Webservice to signal out does not require an event but signal out will store just one row) and move the button whose event would take you to the target iview to the layer where the source iview lives and navigate to the next layer on the button's event.

Answers (0)