0 Kudos

Hi,

BO SPM 2.1 the pre requisite of

ABAP Stack : SAP NW 7.0 SP 23

BI CONT 704 SP7

What is the prerequisite of

Java stack ?

currently we have NW 7.0 @ SP level 19

whats SP levels mandated for EP EPC and for BI JAVA ?

Please clarify ?

as i am afraid this might cause an error in BO SPM configuration.

Thanks and Regards,

Satish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since responses to the query have been posted and there has not been any further activity. Closing this thread as assumed answered.

Regards

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

The minimum BW pre-requisite for installing SPM is

BW 7.0 SPS18

SPS = Support Package Stack = Includes both ABAP Support Package & JAVA Support Package

But the above is just the minimum, typically we recommend not to be more than 2 SPS behind the latest. Also it is recommended to be on the same stack and patch level for ABAP & JAVA. You seem to mention that your ABAP & JAVA SP are different which is not recommended by NetWeaver BW.

Minimum BI Content 7.04 SP5 (Recommend not to upgrade to 7.05 BI content)

Hope this answers you question.

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Right now in system configured.

ABAP Stack :

SAP_ABA 700 0017 SAPKA70017

SAP_BASIS 700 0017 SAPKB70017

PI_BASIS 2005_1_700 0017 SAPKIPYJ7H

SAP_BW 700 0019 SAPKW70019

ANAXSA 210 0000 -

BI_CONT 704 0005 SAPK-70405INBICONT

OPMFND 210 0000 -

Java Stack :

BI Java @ SP 19 and remaining all components @ SP level 18

BI-BASE-S 7.00 SP19

BI-IBC 7.00 SP19

BI-REPPLAN 7.00 SP19

BI-WDALV 7.00 SP19

BI_MMR 7.00 SP19

BI_UDI 7.00 SP19

BIWEBAPP 7.00 SP19

i am getting the below sp Level mismatch error in BI diagnostic tool all other pre configurations tests are positive

The SCA 'BI-IBC' (7.00 SPS 19) has a different version/support package than SCA 'SAP-JEE' (7.00 SPS 18) Ensure that you only deploy full support package stacks. This means deploying only SCAs with the same version and support package level -

RED

The SCA 'BI-IBC' (7.00 SPS 19) has a different version/support package than SCA 'EPBC2' (7.00 SPS 18) Ensure that you only deploy full support package stacks. This means deploying only SCAs with the same version and support package level -

RED

The SCA 'BI-IBC' (7.00 SPS 19) has a different version/support package than SCA 'KMC-COLL' (7.00 SPS 18) Ensure that you only deploy full support package stacks. This means deploying only SCAs with the same version and support package level -

RED

The SCA BI-BASE-S has patch level '30' while SCA BIWEBAPP has patch level '21'. This is not supported Both SCAs need to be on the same patch level

if i continue with BO SPM configuration will it work ?

because of these errors are not relevant like BI BASE has patch level SP 30 where as the original patch level is only at SP 19.

Thanks and Regards,

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

As I mentioned previously typically the ABAP stack and JAVA stack are maintained at the same level. Please check with Netweaver BW to confirm that have ABAP & JAVA stack at different support packages is supported.

Secondly I don't think it is recommended to have different components of JAVA stack at different level, hence you are receiving the message "sp Level mismatch error in BI diagnostic tool".

ABAP

At the moment I can see that your ABAP system is at SPS17 which is one level below the minimum requirement of SPS18. As I recommended previously its a good idea to be no more than 2 SPS below the latest. As of today SPS22 is the latest with SPS23 scheduled to come out any time now. So I would recommend upgrading your BW ABAP stack to SPS20 or SPS21 at the minimum.

Your BI content version on the ABAP side seems ok 7.04 SP5 You can upgrade to the latest patch on 7.04 (as of today the latest is SP9).

JAVA

Your individual components on JAVA stack seem to be on different patches which is not recommended (also indicated by the BI diagnostic tool. Please keep all JAVA components at the same SP level and also match the SP of the ABAP side.

Rohit