cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logical System Naming Convention

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guruz,

Is it mandatory to name your logical system starting with SAP system name. I went through SAP Documentation for creating logical system, it says <sap system name>CLNT<client number>. I didn't put my SAP system name for the first part<sap system name> instead some random letters. I know this question may sound stupid but I am right now in the middle of the integration so, I don't want to change it. Please confirm.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm work for the customer who has ~4000 logical systems defined (not all represent SAP boxes though). Which I find quite a lot, yet given the rules of naming convention helps a lot.

I would say that having the system name should be used whenever we talk about Logical Systems representing SAP boxes. But in case of external non-SAP applications, it is helpful to represent them by the external system.

Say, you have 20 SAP installations, each sending interface to application A. Then it is easier to monitor in XI/PI interfaces for single receiving logical system 'A'. But if you want to find out messages from given sending SAP system, then using SAP system name is recommended to extract such data quickly.

Regards,

Dominik Modrzejewski

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's sounds like what will happen if i violate the traffic rules even though i am smart enough & not getting caught ??? Abiding by the Best Practices pays dividents in the long run , imagine a situation where the nos of such logical systems increasingly getting added in the application landscapes, you may end up hitting the roadblock by not getting a distinct unique LOGICAL SYSTEM name !!!

Hope that's amply explained..