cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Schema

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I am on MDM 7.1, I am trying to export a schema, but I get the following message... "This repository requires addittional steps before transport. See the MDS log for details"... any idea where is the log located? I looked and cannto find it. The schema export processed changed from version 5 to 7, is there anything special I have to do before exporting a schema?

Thank you for your help,

Claudia Hardeman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudia,

it is important that all your import and syndication maps are up-to-date as Harrison mentioned. Furthermore, codes for validations and assignments have been introduced in MDM 7.1, so check if they are ok for you. Also, there are problems in all expressions (validations, assignments, calc. fields, search expressions) with lookup table references. From my knowledge, these will have to be renewed.

Hope that helps.

Best regards

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your help, I had a bad assignment I needed to fix.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

First try running a verify -> repair on the repository to make sure there are no outstanding issues from the technical upgrade of 5.5 to 7.1.

I have seen this problem before and I remember having to remove validations and import / syndication maps. I can't quite remember why exactly this is required, but I remember that fixed my issue.