cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC CUP how to pull manager from Global directory or Active directory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

how can i pull manager from global directory or active directory as approver.We are designing dual control approval process.First manager from global directory can approve then role owner.In workflow stages i can only see approvers information has to be entered manaually in CAD.Also i am looking when requestor requesting request,it should automatically fetch manager information on the request page,once user id selected.

Thanks

Mushu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks celestemay17, Alpesh, Chinmaya.

I gave authentication->LDAP, instead of UME.

For AEApprover,AEAdmin,AESecurity-UME permissions are ok or i need to maintain in LDAP too.

for eg: in UME Roles: AEApprover,AEAdmin,AESecurity what permissions in LDAP has to be maintained?

Thanks

Mushu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chinmaya,

LDAP authentication is only for end users. You still need to maintain all the approvers, administrators etc. in UME and assign them respective AE* roles.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mushu,

Two things you need to do

1.) Maintain the Manager's Field in Active Directory and do mapping in CUP>Configuration>Field Mapping-->LDAP Mapping

2.) Keep LDAP as authentication system so that whenever a User has to log into the CUP he will do using his network id and his manager is automatically pulled from Active Directory.

Then in the workflow you can keep the approver determinator as Manager by which the request will routed to the appropriate manager. Hope that helps.

Edited by: celestemay17 on Dec 8, 2010 12:05 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more thing to add here.

Configuring LDAP as authentication system would not bring manager information for the user. You will have to configure LDAP as user details data source under Data source config. I will also recommend to configure LDAP as the user search data source.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you are right. Just realized that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In LDAP Mapping, i filled out System:,userid,first name ,last name,email,dept,telno:,object class,location,unique ldap key,manager.Do i need to add additional fields in LDAP MAPPING too .

In workflow stages: i created a stage with approver determinator as : manager.Is this manager get from LDAP MAPPING manager: manager.I am asking it, coz i have not created CUSTOM APPROVER DETERMINATOR as manager.But, i have option to select manager as approver determinator in workflow STAGE and this is development system,when i gave Authentication as LDAP.When i try to login my login credentials are not accepted.Is my userid with LDAP GLOBAL Directory for development system need to be reset.

Thanks

Mushu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may want to chek out the note 1228996. (and also see other related notes)

Regards,

Chinmaya

Edited by: chinmaya prakash on Dec 9, 2010 4:53 PM