cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Key Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently I am working on MDM Vendor Creation .We have diffrent number ranges for diffrent account group .I know that we can genarate required number ranges by enabling Kay mapping on Account Group and while we syndicate the record the number get genarated ,you can see this record in DM (Data Manager )by clicking on Edit Key mapping .

This works Perfectly fine for me .My question Is it possible to see the key Value directly in DM instead of right clicking on the record and clicking on edit key mapping .

Other Question is if I use the standard Iviews on Portal ,when I display records in Portal you get the option Edit Key mapping ,but here I can edit and change the number what I genarated from my Syndication .Is it Possible to show it as Display field .

Please let me know on this.

Thanks,

Madhu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As was mentioned by Priti, one method would be to syndicate out your key mappings and then re-import them.

Another method that you could use, assuming you are using IDocs to pass data to ECC during vendor creation is that you could use the acknowledgment IDocs to return the generated number to MDM where you can re-import it back into the main table.

former_member208981
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

Is it possible to see the key Value directly in DM instead of right clicking on the record and clicking on edit key mapping?

Ans: No it is not possible to see the value else where. But if you have a requirement to see it, what you can do is syndicate the records and import the value back in to MDM in a new field. This can be automised with PI.

If I use the standard Iviews on Portal ,when I display records in Portal you get the option Edit Key mapping ,but here I can edit and change the number what I genarated from my Syndication .Is it Possible to show it as Display field?

Ans: I would recommend you to not give access to the portal user to change the number. Control it in Console-> Roles n settings.

Select Role -> Functions tab -> Consolidation & Distribution -> Edit Key Mapping -> None.

Thanks,

Priti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Priti,

Thanks for the information ,The sloution for disabling the Key mapping worked fine .