cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling Webservices from XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to call a webservice from my XI interface. I have the WSDL and I have imported it into XI ( External Definitions ). I can see the message types (input/output) of the webservice in Messages tab. How can I make use of these message types in my interface ?

Thanks

Sameej

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

chk out these blogs

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/09/03/invoke-webservices-using-sapxi

cheers

jithesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

The message type can be use to create the mapping.

If your Web service is synchronous then you need to map both request and response and then create Interface mapping for the same.

This can then be called in the Interface determination.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jithesh,

I went through the Blog. I am stuck at the step :

"Create an Inbound synchronous Message Interface (CalculatorWS_IN_MI)<b>using the message types in external definition</b>."

I am not able to select the imported message types while creating message interface. Could you tell me how can I do it ?

Thanks

Sameej

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey sameer,

U cannot click and drag the external defnition, u need to select the messaage type from the external defnition in the message by clicking on the corresponding icon..

cheers

jithesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great. I thought I can drag and drop as I do while creating normal message interfaces. Thanks for your help.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameej,

What exactly is your scenario?

Webservice->XI->?

Depending on that you can decide what kind of interfaces need to be designed.

Regards,

Sushumna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameej,

Check out the following blog:

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/28/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-2

Hope it helps you with ur scenario.

Regards,

Archana

former_member8655
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer

What you can do is to create a message interface out of this message type present in your WSDL.

You can select the message type for your interface from this wsdl.

Now create a Communication channel with receiver soap adpater in Integraation directory.

In that communication channel parameter provide the paramters and for the target URL provide Soap address location from wsdl port

http://XiServer:50000/CreateVendorWS/Config1?style=document

Regards

Mitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mitesh,

Thanks for your quick reply.

As you mentioned, I have to create a message interface for the webservice. But, the message types appearing in the Messages tab of the External Defition is not appearing in any namespace. Hence, I am not able to create a message type. Can you tell me how to use these messages in the message interface ?

Thanks

Sameej

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

No need to create a seperate message type for the external definition.U can directly use the external defnition for Message interface.

Jus chk this blog

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/09/03/invoke-webservices-using-sapxi

cheers

jithesh

former_member8655
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sameej

1)First of all to check are you able to see the message type in message tab of External definition imported?

2) The message type should appear under same namespace for which you have created your external definition.

Regards

Mitesh