Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC Driver not found when setting up connection in Crystal Reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have downloaded a trial of Crystal Reports to my Windows 7 Profession 64 bit machine and I cannot get the JDBC connection to find my driver. I opened a new report and am following the Standard Report Creation Wizard. In the Data screen, I am expanding Create New Connection and double clicking on JDBC (JNDI). Once I enter my parameters and click finish, I get the error "Failed to open the connection. Details: JDBC driver not found."

I have followed the instructions to add the path to the .jar file within CRConfig.xml, and I have tried to add it to my CLASSPATH environment variable as well.

When setting up the connection through the GUI, I have entered the following information in the following fields:

Connection URL: jdbc:postgresql://<our url>

Database Classname: org.postgresql.Driver

My CLASSPATH contains the following path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\Common\4.0\java\lib\external\postgresql-8.2-511.jdbc4.jar

CRConfig.xml has the following CLASSPATH information:

<Classpath>C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\Common\4.0\java/lib/crlovmanifest.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\Common\4.0\java/lib/CRLOVExternal.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\Common\4.0\java/lib/CRDBJDBCServer.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\Common\4.0\java/lib/CRDBXMLServer.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\Common\4.0\java/lib/CRDBJavaBeansServer.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\Common\4.0\java/lib/external/CRDBXMLExternal.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\Common\4.0\java/lib/external/log4j.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\Common\4.0\java/lib/CRDBSForceServer.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\Common\4.0\java/lib/external/CRDBSForceExternal.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\Common\4.0\java/lib/external/postgresql-8.2-511.jdbc4.jar;${CLASSPATH}</Classpath>

3 REPLIES 3

William_Laverde
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Open CRConfig.xml.

Go to the tag <DataDriverCommon>.

Under this tag you will find <Classpath> tag.

Add the location where your jar files for SQL Sever are located.

Ensure that you are separating them with ;

One more thing is the directory separator is combination of "\" and"/"

observe the entries for other jars in <Classpath> tag

for example:

C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common\4.0\java/lib/crlovmanifest.jar;

I'd recommend you to copy your jars to <Businessobjects installation Diretory>/Common/4.0 or 3.5 or 3./java/lib

Put jtds-1.2.2.jar in: C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common\4.0\java\lib

Add to <Classpath> in the CRConfig.xml file: ;C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common\4.0\java\lib\jtds-1.2.2.jar

Connection URL: jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://ourserv:1433/ourdb;instance=ourserv;domain=ourdomain

Database Classname: net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver

Database: ourdb

User ID: (my username)

Password: (my password)

Let me know if that works also can you make sure you set your Java Home variable

0 Kudos

I'm trying to connect to a Postgresql database via a JDBC driver, not MS SQL. My Classpath values, as well as the Classpath entries from CRConfig.xml are in my original post. As far as I can tell, I have everything set up as documented. I still cannot get Crystal to find my driver -- postgresql-8.2-511.jdbc4.jar.

0 Kudos

this worked