cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get URL by PCD in WD ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

I'm developing a web dynpro abap applcation. My problem is when i'm pressing on button that need to open

bw iview.I am using the method CREATE_EXTERNAL_WINDOW from the interface IF_WD_WINDOW_MANAGER, now I need to send url as paramter.Is there any way to get url by pcd ( to get the url of bw iview )?

I'm doing it that way and not by calling NAVIGATE_ABSOLUTE method because when bw iview send me back paramters( with EPCM ) i want also to close it.

Thanks in advanced,

Udi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think it is good practice to do a portal integration in your case.

You can do your navigation using absolute_navigation method and work around with portal events to communicate each other.

The case that you want to close the external window would not fall into that category. SO you can consider using a iFRAME for that matter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udi,

We had a similar requirement where we need to call a Transaction in portal with different values for its parameters.

Assuming that your BW iView will have NON-CHANGING Url path you can store that path in a abap table ( for multiple reports also) and then get the value when required.

If you need to pass any parameters with the URL you can concatenate it to the NON-CHANGING url part and send.

I hope it helps.

Revert back in case of queries/issues.

Regards,

Sumit Oberoi