cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iWAY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to extract data out R/3 into data warehousing tool Focus using iWay. We do not have XI system in place, please let me know if it is possible to acheive this without XI?

Thanks for your help.

Regards

SS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member189719
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SS,

There are different ways of doing this....your IWay adapter will be capable of invoking BAPIs or receiving IDOCs.

So depending on how you want to do it, you could configure your IWay Adapter/SAP to do it.

This is only one of the ways of doing it...there are a lot of other ways to get data out of the SAP system. Depending on your requirements.

And to answer the basic question...of course you could integrate with SAP without XI.

Regards

Dilip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dilip,

If I write a RFC to pass some data out of R/3, would it be possible for iway to store data and then pass it on to third party data warehouse system?

Regards

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SS,

Well, although i haven't tried this out...i think there are several ways fo achieving this...running scripts, a ABAP code, using WebDynpro, etc.

Go through the following links and check if they are helpful...

/people/gregor.wolf3/blog/2004/09/05/access-sap-r3-from-external

These links just talk about possibilities, I shall get back to you if I get any tried out scenario.

Regards,

Sushumna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushumna,

Thanks for you help. None of the following links provide me what I am looking for.

Appreciate your help though.

Regards

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SS,

It is possible but you will probably have to use an ABAP code to achieve the same..

Regards,

Sushumna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushumna,

Could you explain this in more details please?

Regards

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If iWay supports RFC call from SAP then you can use RFC to send data to BW.

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya,

Thanks for your reply. I do not want to send data to BW but a third party data warehouse FOCUS. I need to know if it is possible to use iWAY to be able to send data out of R/3?

Regards

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just check out this link:

http://www.iwaysoftware.jp/products/adapter/sap_01.html

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya,

Thats an elementary information, I probably need a step by step infomation which explains how to integrate it with R/3. For example if I have RFC, how do I trigger it to send data to iWAY.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

SS