Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Users by Complex Selection Criteria - with outdated roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to extract all users with a specific role using SUIM -> Users by Complex Selection Criteria. I enter the role and select "Unlocked Users Only". But the output includes users with roles only valid in the past.

How do I get only the currently valid roles?

I have tried selecting "Roles" and selecting the specific role using Filter. Here "End date" for the role shows the past date. But I can't use "end date" in the filter.

/vitofava

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

one way would be, you can run PRGN_COMPRESS_TIMES program and then try the same suim report with the same selection criteria you are using now.

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Best way would be to go to SE16 and pull the roles from the AGR_USERS table. That way you can specify a validity date for the roles (Start Date/End Date).

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may try in different way as well.

Roles by C S C -> put the role name and execute -> Check the user assignment by clicking on the corresponding icon in the tool bar -> Filter the out put report format with your criteria.

There are some other options as well (I dont have SAP systems logged in at this moment) .. like roles with valid user assignment (like that - can't recall the exact line) etc.

Regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

one way would be, you can run PRGN_COMPRESS_TIMES program and then try the same suim report with the same selection criteria you are using now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all the answers. Let me dwell on them:

SE16 -> AGR_USERS: good list that makes me able to do the job in Excel. But I am looking to do the job in SAP with a LSMW job.

Roles by C S C: You are right. Here you can select the "with valid assignment of", but once in the list and you select "User Assignment" you get the unvalid assignment too!

PRGN_COMPRESS_TIMES: Nice little program, but it only works for users with currently valid roles. If you try to compress a user with past dates it says "Compression Not Possible for Selection".

More suggestions are welcome....

Edited by: vitofava on Dec 8, 2010 8:05 AM

0 Kudos

Roles by C S C: You are right. Here you can select the "with valid assignment of", but once in the list and you select "User Assignment" you get the unvalid assignment too!

You will get all list of user here and the validity shown here is for users not for that specific role assignment. In order to get that I enter the role in PFCG and see the validity (manual job)

PRGN_COMPRESS_TIMES: Nice little program, but it only works for users with currently valid roles. If you try to compress a user with past dates it says "Compression Not Possible for Selection".

This report remove expired roles from user.

Regards,

Arpan

0 Kudos

You are right..... PRGN_COMPRESS_TIMES works fine. If I remove the validity periods that have expired, the SUIM list is correct..... THANKS (also to Keerti Vemulapa)

0 Kudos

Dear,

You can select the option in SE16 -> AGR_USERS --> TO_DAT (field) = Greater than or Equal to (Yesterdays date). You will get the output list with out expired users list.

Regards,

Shrinivasan. KV

Edited by: Shrinivasan Venkatachalam on Dec 8, 2010 8:59 AM

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have tried selecting "Roles" and selecting the specific role using Filter. Here "End date" for the role shows the past date. But I can't use "end date" in the filter.

One more thing I can suggest that above is the way to see role assignment validity. As you cannot filter by end date, you may try sorting by this field and see the data you need.