cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to set DBMS Settings in MDM Console.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have installed sql server 2000 in my local computer.then I installed MDM 5.5 SP 3 server and console. I mounted mdm server successfully.After that,when I try to create MDM repository,while giving dbms setting i am getting the following error.

The DBMS has not been initialized for use with MDM.Leave the fields blank if you want to use the DBMS default paths,or later known good paths to override the defaults.If this DBMS host has multiple instances,use paths that are unique to this instance.These paths may be changed later through the DBMS setting option.

After I click "OK" or "Cancel",It is displaying Not able to modify MDM System.

Please help me.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

I also faced the same problem some time back.

While the SQL server was being installed, a database schema named "system" must be created on it. While creating a repository, this database name has to be specified with the relevant password.

You should not be getting this error then.

Please let me know if the problem persists.

Regards,

Pooja Khandelwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tanveer,

Thanks for your reply. I gave data path as "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$SQLSERVER\Data" and log file path as "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$SQLSERVER\log". But,it is not working.

Is there any problem with installation of sql server?

Pooja,

I don't think this is problem with not having "System" schema. MDM working fine in another pc even without having the "system" schema in sql server.

How to solve this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

When you create a repository, there is DBMS setting involved..

<b>Multiple DBMS Instances</b>

When your DBMS (such as Oracle) allows you to run multiple instances (i.e. separate run-time executables), and you have installed such multiple instances, you must take care to tell MDM to store the DBMS files in separate file system locations for each instance.

The initialization dialog comes up any time MDM connects to a multi-instance DBMS for the first time.

When you access the first instance via MDM, you can accept the default paths. When you then access the second instance, be sure to enter a Data File Path and Index File Path that are different from the corresponding paths you specified for the first instance.

Within a single instance, the Data File Path and the Index File Paths can be the same.

Refer foll link for more help.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdmgds55/helpdata/EN/42/ea053837f33ee9e10000000a1553f7/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdmgds55/helpdata/EN/42/ea053837f33ee9e10000000a1553f7/content.htm

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Tanveer.

<b>Please mark helpful answers</b>