cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

number of parallel processing infopackage / SAP ECC Job /Upload performance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleagues,

I am looking to improve upload performance from SAP ECC to SAP BI.

I have my infopackage, with settings for parallel processing as follow :

number of processes . 3 parallel processing

But when I execute the infopackage, there's is only 1 job running in SAP ECC and 1 Batchground process / dialog process used in SAP BI.

What should I do to use 3 job in parallel in SAP ECC, in order to improve upload performance ?

Thanks !

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186445
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you will always have only one job in R/3. also in BI, you'll have only one mail background process. the 3 in parallel you can see in the monitor when three packets are handled at the same time. an even better place to see this is in SM66 (active processes)...

M.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please note that for every dataload request there would be only one background job created in ECC system irrespective of any setting.

You can improve the dataload performance in other ways.

1. Schedule the dataload requests at times when the load on ECC system is very low. Generally this is during the night time, as not much of the tasks are performed & therefore most of the work processes would be free. But to be sure, you may check with BASIS as well.

2. Check if you can change the dataload from Full to Delta for any datasources.

3. Check with the BASIS team to increase the number of Work processes in the system for background jobs. What happens is that suppose if all the workprocesses are busy with some other active jobs, your dataload job would remain in released status until it finds any free work process.