cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caching and Buffering of database queries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to know the scenarios for which Caching can be done in queries in database and for which buffering can be done in queries in database.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Things to avoid .. related to buffering.

The MII transactions involving queries to databases MUST run with existing MII users (i.e. as defined in UME) in order to be buffered and the buffer processed as soon as the connectivity is reestablished.

As an example, transactions & queries ran using the SYSTEM account (i.e. triggered by the processing rules in the message monitor) are not re-run, since SYSTEM is not an UME user account and cannot authenticate.

Also, queries dropped in the mid-state (i.e. request time out) are NOT buffered if the connectivity is NOT broken.

As an example here, you can test a query on a locked table .. returning a time-out. It can't be found in the buffers since the SQL server connectivity is OK (queries are running OK if they're directed to any other tables in the database).

I hope it helps.

paul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For more information on caching and buffering, the [MII Best Practice Guide for 12.X|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/f08d7ae2-6f56-2c10-50b4-8a3bb1d43502] has some recommendations.

Kevin

erik_schrampf
Active Participant
0 Kudos

A use case or scenario for Caching using the MII Caching feature in a query is, if you have a query, which does a lot of aggregation such a a daily/weekly/monthly report. Say this query takes a few minutes to run, you would want to set the query cache to say 8 hours for a daily report. This way the the first time the query runs it will take a few minutes before the data is displayed. After that the data is pulled from the cache and the next subsequent request will run much quicker.

For a data buffering scenario many clients will pull down production or proccess orders for an offline downtime scenario. Another scenario would be for when pushing content back up to ECC in a downtime scenario.