cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set timeout on Runtime workbench in PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

anybody who knows where to set the timeout value of a Runtime workbench session in SAP PI 7.1?

Thanks in advance

Mikkel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Mikkel

In the NWA, you don't actually need to enter any timeout value. You just need to ensure the Session Timeout extends globally. It should read like: Session Timeout (extends global): 0. When this is done, then the value from the "session.invalidation.timeout" parameter will be used.

I am not 100% sure as to the correct Web Module name. Try setting this for the "mdt" and "com.sap.xpi.mdt" and see if that works.

P.S. you will also need to restart the java engine.

Regards

Mark

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Mikkel

You will need to take 2 actions:

1) Set the [Session Manager property|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/JSTSG/(JSTSG)(P4-IIOP)Ses-P002] "session.invalidation.timeout" in the Config tool.

2) Go to the NWA

-> Configuration Management

-> Infrastructure

-> Application Modules

-> Search for mdt (com.sap.xpi.mdt)

-> Context

-> Define as Local Property

-> Set required timeout

-> Extend Global Property

-> Session Timeout

See http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/EN/b9/665b42cfca5542e10000000a1550b0/content.htm for more details.

The value of "session.invalidation.timeout" property is in miliseconds and the value of "session timeout" property is in minutes.

Regards

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

This looks right, how ever it does not work. I have tried to turn up the interval to 60 minutes, and testet it by sending a test message from RWB and wait 45 minutes and sending it again. It still times out

There is one thing, when I have set the Extend Global Property the value on this tab changes to 0 and when going back to local it's value is zero. I have tried to set it here again, save and exit. How ever still with out succes. Do you have any ideas?

Kind regards

Mikkel

maxim_naidenov
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

actually I do not think it is very good idea to increase the default session timeout that affects all sessions because this could seriously increase the system memory consumption. I would advice the customer to increase only timeout for particular web modules - rwb, mdt, ... that he really needs. Yes, this could be tedious work but OOM's are even worse.

Regards

Maxim

maxim_naidenov
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mikkel,

unfortunately the problem is more complicated. You have set the session timeout to some value. But WebApp's use other managed objects like security session's, EJB's and every one of those also has some timeout so to prevent resource exhaustion. Now on the details:

*Login session default timeout is 24 hours so if you keep rwb/mdt timeout under this limit everything will be fine.

*EJB container default timeout is 30min and so most likely this is the reason for your session to still timeout. The first idea would be to increase the timeout for the affected EJB's but unfortunately in NW 7.1 and NW 7.11 there is no easy way to do this. In 7.30 there is an easy way in NWA, as it was in VisualAdmin in 7.0 and below.

Actually we had some customers requesting exactly the same so recently we did a fix (note 1603042) for RWB tool that effectively increases the affected EJBs timeout to infinite. So with this fix applied, you should be able to set the rwb timeout to some meaningful value and actually achieve it.

Sincerely,

Maxim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mikkel,

Ref: /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/06/08/xi-timeouts-timeouts-timeouts

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

This one describes timeouts in adapters and deliveries. The one I am looking for, is the time out for use of RWB - IE the idle time it must have, before logon is required again.

BR

Mikkel