Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variant Field in AGR_1251 - what is the use?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I have tried to look for this information many times but couldn't find out any answer.

In the table AGR_1251 we can see there is a Field called "Variant". I just couldn't find out the reason for this field and what kind of variant it refers to. So just looking for your valuable input on the same.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Dipanjan

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This field is non functional yet in SAP versions released. It was meant for Security administrators to create generic role and assign variants of the same to users. These variants would differ based on the role's authorization (set of field-values for auth objects within it).

If you see the F1 Help on this field it states clearly that "Variants are useful if you want to define minor deviations from Standard role for each user"

Thanks!

Sandipan

0 Kudos

>

and assign variants of the same to users. These variants would differ based on the role's authorization (set of field-values for auth objects within it).

My question is ... how and where this variants can be created? and also how they look like from authorization point of view?

> If you see the F1 Help on this field it states clearly that "Variants are useful if you want to define minor deviations from Standard role for each user"

>

Ok. But I am looking for the option to create these variants.. How?

Regards,

Dipanjan

0 Kudos

These Variants were supposed to be created and maintained in Profile generator itself however none of the SAP versions released publicly so far has this feature functional.

Unfortunately we cannot create or use these variants in SAP as of now.

Thanks

Sandipan

0 Kudos

Hi Sandipan,

I'm facing this issue that was raized by Dipanjan few years ago, regarding the meaning of the field VARIANT in table AGR_1251.

Do you know if now, after almost 6 years, if this field has any meaning? from where does it get its values?

Thanks,

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Dipanjan,

As it is you so it has to be some sort of tough thing in the world. I did some sort search on this. All I could found the description for this field only... "Variants for Profile Generator"

Well here I am not certain on this but it may be related to profile generation technique??? expert mode etc? Will look in this thread and curious to know the answer..

Regards,

Arpan Paik