Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB02 Space Statistics missing after ERP Ehp4 SP7 upgrade - Solaris/Oracle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've recently upgraded an ERP 600 system using the SAP Standard procedure

for ERP Ehp4 upgrade. The new SP level is ERP Ehp4 SP7. Since upgrade the

DB02 space statistics are not available even after using the "refresh all datasets" button in the DB02 transaction.

The old DB02OLD transaction works ok and shows the DB space statistics.

Our configuration is based on a distrubuted Solaris SPARC/Oracle system - DB on one host and

CI on another. rsh is working for <sid>adm from the CI to the DB host

to enable the standard DB13 check/update stats jobs to run without error.

Has anyone else had a problem with missing DBACOCKPIT/DB02 after Ehp4 upgrade ?.

Regards,

Brian.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Brian McQuillan your tip has helped us to fix the same on AIX box too..

Former Member
0 Kudos

any update as to the outcome?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes,

I've fixed the problem. OSS note 1002840 was used to reset the entries in the DB02_COLL_PLAN table that is used for the DB statistics collection. Some of the entries were found to have a status of "I" and not active "A". I've no idea how this happened during the build of this system ( Standard SAPInst/R3Load based system copy then Ehp4 SP7 upgrade using the Ehpi utility ). After resetting and running the RSORACOLR report manually the DB02 statistics were then available. I noticed though that when using the refresh option in DB02 to update the statistics to current values the background job "REFRESH SPACE STATISTIC" ran for an instand and did not update the statistics data.

OSS 1508792 was then implemented to fix this.

I think it's all ok now but will monitor over the next day or so.

Regards,

Brian.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wow! thank you! This worked for me too in Linux/Oracle.

My DB02_COLL_PLAN entries were in "i" state so I read note 1002840 (as Brian suggested) and reactivated collector modules as described in step 5. Then I ran RSORACOLR with DEFAULT as value and Voilà!

All credits to Brian.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you refresh you db02 there will be background job created as REFRESH SPACE STATISTIC:<SID> please check the background job logs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sven - DB02 was working before ERP 6 Ehp4 upgrade was done and the DB13 database jobs are working ok. Interestingly I can see space detail using DB02 tablespace "Detailed Analysis" - it's the overview/historical database data that is missing.

Sunil - the job only runs for a split second and there are no errors reported :-

Job log overview for job: REFRESH SPACE STATISTIC:D01 / 12324500

Date Time Message text

07.12.2010 12:32:46 Job started

07.12.2010 12:32:46 Step 001 started (program RSORACOLR, variant &0000000000034, user ID BASIS01)

07.12.2010 12:32:46 Job finished

Regards,

Brian.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've just found OSS 1484138 which might be the issue. I'll implement and see what happens.

Brian.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you check whether SAP note 1261329 applies because you run the db on its own host?

Kind regards,