cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPM / Method cl_wd_runtime_services=>attach_file_to_response is not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i am trying to open some files like XLS or PPT in Portal by calling the method cl_wd_runtime_services=>attach_file_to_response .

but i am getting an error, i know where is the problem, in the Portal after clicking on Bottun , a new window appears and it has the URL and no standard function (like BACK or NEXT .. its a popup with URL) this window contains my files, and after clicking on a file, another popup (for XLS or PPT or Word) will appear (OPEN SAVE CANCEL). and in this case, a MS-Office Products Popup appears only in some cases like on the server or MS Outlook.. but nor on a Popup that has been programmed with FPM.

so i am looking now for another method or a solution that can resolve my problem

Best Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Abhijeet-K
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I am too facing this fluke behaviour with FPM. The behaviour of download button varies just because it is being called from FPM. See the images

Window called within FPM Application: (The file download dialog is 'not-normal')

Window called from an independent non-FPM application: (The file download dialog is 'normal').

Any views?

0 Kudos

Hi, I've same problem. Any ideas ?

Abhijeet-K
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I had accidentally checked the '' check box in the FPM application configuration. check if you have checked it. Unchecking it resolved the issue for me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Thomas,

OfficeControl are not supported to work with POPUPs.

see [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/d1/af8841349e1909e10000000a155106/content.htm|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/d1/af8841349e1909e10000000a155106/content.htm]

Former Member
0 Kudos

its not a normal popup, its a window missing the standard function like Back Next Google search ... toolbar ect , it contains only the Link (URL) and this window, will be generated with the FPM and contains some subscreens, and one of those subscreens contains my files and after clicking on the file, i have to download first the Activ-X and then i have to click again on the file to diplay it , but after downloading the Activ-X, am getting an error...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what error are you getting ?.

If it is a FPM UIBB, i would do something like this.

embed this office control into a view and that view to WINDOW. Embed this window to the FPM UIBB. Remember that this view would be brought to alive only if there is a valid XSTRING is bound to the UI dataSource property.

You also need to take into account how ActivateInplace property is being used. Refer the HELP inlink from my earlier post

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am testing this program in two separates System, one using the FPM and the other system not, so everything is working fine on the system that is not generated with FPM, but after transporting it, to that one that been generated with the FPM, as i said, after downloading the Activ-X, am getting an error, and only SAP ABAP methodes are schown there

Former Member
0 Kudos

> i am testing this program in two separates System, one using the FPM and the other system not, so everything is working fine on the system that is not generated with FPM, but after transporting it, to that one that been generated with the FPM, as i said, after downloading the Activ-X, am getting an error, and only SAP ABAP methodes are schown there

Hallo Thomas,

I am not able to understand what exactly your problem is. Probably other SDN's would be able to help you further.

Former Member
0 Kudos

look, after clicking on a file , there is alawys a small popup that appears on the top of the page saying that the links is blocked, and after ( allow it) clicking on it , then the popup of the MS-Office schould appear.

the first popup who is blocking the Links, after clicking on it, am getting an error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Thoams,

I understand you get error. I asked you earlier as well. can you please describe the error? what exactly is displayed as error?, Does anything meaningful coming out from st22 transaction after this error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i think Explorer doesnt suport FPM, cause everything works fine with Mozella, but still want to make works with INTERNET EXPLORER

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

FPM does absolutely support Internet Explorer, but you are hitting a specific security "feature" of Internet Explorer

>there is alawys a small popup that appears on the top of the page saying that the links is blocked, and after ( allow it) clicking >on it , then the popup of the MS-Office schould appear.

>the first popup who is blocking the Links, after clicking on it, am getting an error

The Popup is coming from Internet Explorer, not Web Dynpro. It is a security feature to add another user confirmation before allowing file downloads. Unfortuntely after confirming, IE doesn't just continue with the download. Instead it reloads the page and resends the last request object to the server. This confuses Web Dynpro and causes you to have to refresh the application before it functions properly.

You should add your WDA website host to your trusted sites configuration in IE and make sure that IE doesn't prompt for trusted sites. This is all configuration done on the client side in IE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi would you please explaine or show hoa can i refresh the application before it functions , is this possible, cause as you know Mozella is not that good for WD App, somtimes it breaks everything

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>Hi would you please explaine or show hoa can i refresh the application before it functions

I think you just need to change the configuration in Internet Explorer to remove the file download prompt.