cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing CV04N

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the CV04N transaction how is it possible to chnage the ' * ' indicator in 'Deletion Flag' field to ' _ '

so that while the query is executed the user doesnot view deletion flag marked DIRs.

Also would like to know as to how 'Default Variant' can be set for CV04n input screen and thereafter the ALV grid.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In CV04n screen,in the 'Deletion Indicator' field,pressing 'F4' will throw up the required options to set '_' value to this field.

Further,in transaction CV04N,enter the desired selection criteria like Document type, Document number etc.On execution,right click on the 'Select All' icon and choose 'Show'.Select the values you wish to view in the report.Then choose 'SAVE'. A pop-up window appears where you can save the entered criteria as a 'Selection Variant/Layout'. Ensure that 'User-specific' field is unchecked. Now, to default this 'Selection Variant',go to Settings > Layout > Management > Select the above 'Selection Variant' that you created as default.Going forward, this layout will serve as a default layout/variant for future searches.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. Actulally what we are in lookout for is to filter DIRs with Deletion flags on execution.This setup has to made default for all users in the CV04n screen itself with ' _ ' as default value.Only in case one is interested to see DIRs with deletion flag the user shall put * in deletion flag field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Am afraid in CV04n it is only possible to maintain and choose 'Selection Variants' and not default them.Also,would like to rectify my previous explanation which details maintaining default Layouts(and not variants).

The only workaround that i can propose is that you create and maintain a global 'Selection Variant' (with required parameters for fields like Del indicator etc) so that the users may use it for processing.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am looking for something similar. Perhaps you can help. I am looking for how to format CV04N results so that only the most current "Valid From" date of a document in Released status (released by way of ECR/ECO) is displayed. We release our DIR's through ECR/ECO and the CV04N results return every revision that has ever been released. We want to see just the currently active (most recently released) revision. Thank you.