cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price Group at Header and Item level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

From the documentation, I understand that 'Price Group' field in customer master can be used when I have to group customer according to different pricing types which I would maintain in VK11. What I am confused about is, if this field is customer specific, why do I have this field at Item level as well in sales transaction? if we want, changing it only at Sales order header level would not be logical?

For exe, I have three pricing types which determine the price of any material. Price Type 1, Price Type 2, Price Type 3

In VK11, I would maintain conditions like :

Price Type 1/Customer A/material property 1 : INR 200

Price Type 1/Customer A/material property 2 : INR 220

Thanks,

Binita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

this is to inform you that,

the data flows to sales document header as well as item level from Customer Master record and you will be having option to change at header level and item level.

this is one of the fields which helps to flow the conditio record perfectly.

if you delete the same at header level then at item level price group will also dis appear & not vice versa.

might be SAP has given an option here openly because if some body wanted to change at transaction level they can change it manually

please check and revert back.

balajia

Edited by: balaji timmampalli achari on Dec 7, 2010 11:14 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the feedback Balaji. Actually now I have one more confusion. I am using Price Group as a field to enter my Price type. that is, my material can be priced with three different types for Example. If I price it with Price Type A, it costs 100 Rs., if with Price Type B, It may cost 150 Rs. and so on. The sales authorities may determine which pricing should be applied at the time of sale. they would maintain all the relevant conditions for all Price types in VK11. now, My confusion is, in SAP, I have chosen the 'Price Group' field to put this price type which they would assign to customers or to sales transaction. Can we use this field for this purpose? or should I use Price list? I am not aware about the other aspects of using these fields in system.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Binita

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

this is to inform you that,

As i said earlier you are using the price group for one of the selection parameter for creating condition record.

And the field price group especially used for group of materials which share same pricing.

if that is your purpose there is another field - called PRICE LIST you can make use of it.

balajia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Balaji. I will use the field Price list instead of Price group for this purpose.

Now,

1) is there any limit to the maximum number of price list that can be maintained? currently, the client has approax, 1000 such pricing types.

2) Is there any way to make this field mandatory in sales transaction? it is not mandatory to have it in customer master. but as soon as the user selects customer, if no price list is there by default, he should not be allowed to proceed. such setting is possible in standard settings?

Thanks,

Binita

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi binita,

this is to inform you that:

1) is there any limit to the maximum number of price list that can be maintained? currently, the client has approax, 1000 such pricing types.

1.a. no there is no limitation for this price list because it a table with maintaince view as there is not limitations for maintaince views.

2) Is there any way to make this field mandatory in sales transaction? it is not mandatory to have it in customer master. but as soon as the user selects customer, if no price list is there by default, he should not be allowed to proceed. such setting is possible in standard settings?

2.a. there are two methods keep the field in item VBKD-PLTYP or header level VBKD-PLTYP incompletion log - to fill up

or

to make the field mandatory you have to open the PROGRAM : SAPMY45A & SCREEN 4900 and make it mandatory at item level.

balajia

Edited by: balaji timmampalli achari on Dec 8, 2010 9:17 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all the help Balaji. I tried making the entry for in completion log in sales header data for price list but that way it just gives warning. does not stop me from going ahead.Am i doing anything wrong??

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

if it not stopping it.

please let me know the message and its number - double click on warning message on the status bar and send it to me

balajia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Balaji: the Message no. VU001

one more thing: it warns only when i go into Sales Header data -Sales tab and make some changes and not define price list. is there any way to be blocked entry on the sales order overview screen it self?

Thanks,

Binita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Duplicated automatically.

Edited by: Binita Joshi on Dec 8, 2010 10:15 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

this is to infrom you that,

in this PROGRAM SAPLV45F INCLUDE IS LV45FFUV

line 105 - MESSAGE W001 WITH MESSAGETEXT DA_FIELD - please change W001 to E001 then it stops you with an error.

2. one more thing: it warns only when i go into Sales Header data -Sales tab and make some changes and not define price list. is there any way to be blocked entry on the sales order overview screen it self.

2.a. please select the item and check the incompletion log in edit. then if it warns you the above is the answer for both

balajia