cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to populate value in parmetters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

data: wdevent TYPE REF TO CL_WD_CUSTOM_EVENT.

call method onactionsearch( exporting wdevent = wdevent ).

there are two fields in interface of cl_Wd_custom_Event .. . name and parameter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member186750
Contributor
0 Kudos

This question is related to WDA therefore I have moved it to the WebDynpro for ABAP forum .

MarcinPciak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

data: wdevent TYPE REF TO CL_WD_CUSTOM_EVENT.

call method onactionsearch( exporting wdevent = wdevent ).

Well, I am not sure what you are trying to do here, but definitely this is not correct approach. WDEVENT object is passed implicitly to event handler of your custom event. Such events are used to communicate various controllers (including cross-component comunication if event is an component interface one).

This simply means that if you have your event and you raise it in some method by fire_my_event method you pass only the parameters expected to this event. The handler expects then to receive this event wdevent object + all parameters you have passed along with it. If you miss these parameters in handler signature (statically unknown) you can detemine them during runtime (using wdevent object). So no explicit transfer of wdevent object should be ever done. You get this object implicitly added to handler method as an importing parameter. Whether you use it or not, depends on how you want to handle the event itself. Then you do the eveluation of its attributes parameters and name values but using corresponding method.

I think this [link|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/eb/ed6f4169e25858e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm] is what you need to go through to understand the concept entirely.

Regards

Marcin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think i should discus the scenario what i wanted to do is there is a standard webdynpro abap for e recruiting . initial screen get displayed and when we click on standard button a search result get displayed . what i want to skip the criteria and display the result view directly. component name is HRRCF_C_SEARCH_UI and i have created its Z copy

jayanthi_jayaraman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this link. It explains how to populate name and value.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDABAP/HowtoreadURLparametersinWebDynprofor+ABAP

You need to do the coding in HANDLEDEFAULT method of windows.

Sm1tje
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Normally this is part of generated coding. Were are you trying to use this method?

BTW:

there are two fields in interface of cl_Wd_custom_Event .. . name and parameter

1. A class does not have an interface, but methods do.

2. These are not parameters of a method (interface), these are attributes of the class.

You should be the one to answer this question yourself. I guess you have created some sort of event in WebDynpro, and this event has some parameters. There you go: Event name and its parameters.