cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC usage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We are planning to perform a clean up on RFC connections (both inbound and outbound) in our landscape. Is there any option to determine whether the RFCs are really used?

For an example, the RFC connection name is ABCD, we want to check

- When it was used

- From which system it was used

- From which program this RFC was triggered

- Any other points to be considered

Many Thanks

Praveen Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can check in ST03 the RFC profiles. Go to ST03 -> expert mode -> select a system/day or total -> RFC profiles

In the tab remote destinations you can see which RFC connections are being used.

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thanks, it partially answers my questions. Since we have don't have longs available for more than 5 Months, it will be very difficult to analyze. Do you have any other method to analyze?

Kind Regards

Praveen Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Under st03 -> if you expand the month under workload -> total -> month you should get the data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I mentioned, the logs are availble only for 5 month. Hence the analysis will be limited.I was more looking for any table entries (which will have a time stamp) from where we can derive the usage.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can get details from RFC usage from SM20 (Security Audit log) as long as it was enabled for RFC calls. SM20 can keep info for very long periods.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

If I understood your suggestion correctly, we will be taking RFC usage by filtering the RFC user login to the system. As per my understanding

- We can have only inbound RFC details

- We could potentially have 1 RFC user for all the inbound RFCs, on that scenario it will be cumbersome to determine

Hence I don't think SM20 can bring any value addition from the above request prospective

Many Thanks

Praveen Kumar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

RvA
Explorer
0 Kudos

USE RFCDES for this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try checking related RFC* tables. May be you will find some info. To give a head start, try checking RFCSTXTAB.

Regards,

Srihari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

The RFC* didn't help me much as most of tables are empty.

KInd Regards

Praveen Kumar