Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return sales order( with ref. to Invoice) need to have less quantity

punit_kumar
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Here one issue is coming while creating a return sales order with ref. to invoice.

Example is:

In original invoice an article X is of price 10 having 10 quantity and hence total price 100.

but now customer wish to return only 5 articles and creating this Retun sales order with refernce to this invice

now in return sales order quantity is coming correct i.e 5 but the amount is still the same i.e 100.

But this should be 50( 5*10).

Please can someone help to find the reason why the price is not changing while quantity is changing.

I have already check the copy control but there also setting seems to be correct.

Also when i try to update the pricing via condition tab the price got changed. but that is manually.

Thanks

Punit.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

you have mentioned that when you update the price, price got change. so, which is the price type you have maintained in copying control and by which pricing type you are updating the condition....

Thanks,

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

please check the condition record of the same.

and

you will having an option of changing it manually because this is Standard.

balajia

Edited by: balaji timmampalli achari on Dec 7, 2010 6:31 AM

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Punit,

This can be comtrolled by Copy Control itself.

Go to Copy Controls between Invoice & Returns Order.

Go to the Return Item category Details & check the Pricing Type.

Hope this helps...

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

punit_kumar
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks Jignesh,

But can you please tell which pricing input should be the best.

As "price redetermine" option can't be selected as price keep changing.

also i did that for "same price and redetermine tax" but doesn't seems to be working.

Please if you can suggest any option where the price of the article will be same (the old one when article was sold) as proportionate to quantity without redetermining the price.

like article x has qty 10 and price 10 hence amount 100

but later price of article change to 11

then if i chose redetermine price then for five article this will be 55 which is again wrong( it should be 50 as at the time of sale the price was 10)

Hope I made the issue clear enough. Which setting in pricing one can recommend.

Regards

Punit

Thanks

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Punit,

Chose "Copy pricing elements and update according to scale "

This would ensure that Price in Returns Order is copied from Invoice but it the scale (quantity) is redetermined.

Hope this clarifies...

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

make pricing type as D Copy pricing elements unchanged

punit_kumar
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh,

one thing i wish to add here.

This sale is happening via POS hence I feel this option given by you is not working. well don't know the reason as the condition type is PN10. hope you have any idea in which conditions this option given by you doesn't work.

Regards

Punit Kumar

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Punit,

This setting is not based on any Condition Type.

One thing you need to check is the Item Category determined by system in Returns Order.

Then go to Invoice to Return Order copy control & maintain the setting suggested by me at the Returns Item Category level. (maintain A - Copy price components and redetermine scales in Pricing Type.)

I feel you have done the setting in TAN (or your normal Sale) Item Category

This is SAP standard & ideally it should work.

Hope this helps...

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Punit,

In the return sales order, you are getting the price as 100 because of Condition Type PN10. It is recommended to make use of PR00 instead of PN10, which will resolve the issues for future transaction.

Alternatively in returns manage pricing manually or have a different pricing procedure with PR00 as condition type. If different pricing procedure with PR00 is opted, it will pick up the current condition record maintained, as the pricing procedure is changed.

Best option is to use PR00, instead of PN10, even for POS.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

punit_kumar
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

PN10 is a condition type which business is using since the beginning. Also this is a cond. type where calculation type is fixed.

As this value comes from POS.

Well what is PR00, I could not find this cond. type is this standard and what difference does this make , I mean how it is different from PN10. and what is the issue with PN10 to return with correct value.

Regards

Punit