cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to integrate Java application into WD using URL ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have a requirement of integrating a java page into our WD application. This java application can be called using a URL.

Is there any way we can have it on the same screen in a container?

I know that there is an iFrame component which can be used for this purpose but we are at the higher level of Netweaver ( SAP_BASIS rel 701, level 4, Highest support pkg: SAPKB70104) and this component is deprecated and hence not present in the element list.

Please let me know if there is any other way of achieving this.

Regards,

Anand Kolte

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>Please let me know if there is any other way of achieving this.

Since the iFrame has been deprecated, the suggestion from SAP is to use the NetWeaver Portal. Combine both appliations as two separate iViews within the same Portal Page.

In NetWeaver 7.02 the iFrame returns to full support and we even have the concept of the Page Builder with URL based CHIPs.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Thanks a lot for reply..

We have also used the iFrame element in our application. It was not present in the dropdown list of components but was present in the favorites section.

We are passing a parameter to java application using URL and the java application is calling our RFC FM in ABAP. This way we are able to achieve our functionality.

Regards,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for suggestions..

frank_stdle
Participant
0 Kudos

We have developed a Web Dynpro ABAP application on 7.01 using an IFrame containing a JavaScript applications. We chose to take our chances with the deprecated IFrame element, especially since it will return to full support in 7.02.

The main problem using the IFrame (as opposed to the Flash Islands) is that there is no direct communication between your WDA and the Java application, you have to implement this integration yourself. We solved this problem by using a SAP ICF node as the point of communication into SAP. Let me know if you need more details!

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

it is possible to achieve it opening a external window but for your requirement to run with in a container it is not possible(except that you use IFRAME )