cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation problem in WAS 6.40 (official) with Oracle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I'm trying to set up the final WAS 6.40 release with Oracle.

I managed to install Oracle and the patch with the help of the installation manual but in the WAS installation step called "Create Oracle Database" I get an error message that reads: "Assertion failed: Component OraDbBuild: Context parameter dbHome must be a valid ORACLE_HOME".

So i thought I point the non-existing environment variable ORACLE_HOME to my Oracle installation d:\oracle\ora92

Same error.

Does the WAS installer need that environment variable (and if yes where else should it point to) or what can I do to continue the installation?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am able to fix the problem after deleting the old installation files.

Thanks,

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing the same issue. Please let me know which installation files need to be deleted and from where.

Thanks a lot..!!

Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I just happened to fall in this same issue and found a solution:

First you will have to reset your installation and delete installation log directory.

1º Be sure that on the root session you are using to launch sapinst for DBInstance there is no ORACLE_HOME environment variable set.

2º Check your oraInst.loc file (see note 350251), adapt it so that

inventory_loc=/oracle//oraInventory

and create directory if necessary. This avoid problems on unix with previous installations of oracle.

Regards

Jose Luis Valverde

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay, I edited control.xml and inserted some traces to get more information about what the current value of dbHome is. No matter what I say in ORACLE_HOME, the WAS installer obviously takes the last home directory it finds in the registry, which pointed for some reason to d:/OraHome_1. On the file system are /oracle /OraHome_1, /OraHome_2, /OraHome_3... to make a long story short: the WAS installation with Oracle is quite a challenge and the installation documentation should provide more details than it currently does. It's like 71 pages of blahblah and on page 72 it more or less says: run sapserver.cmd and sapclient.cmd and then patch it.

I removed all additional Oracle homes from the registry and copied all information from OraHome_1 to /oracle/ora92 and the error was gone.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

We tried nearly the same and wanted to install the

WebAS640 resp.J2EE Server( 6.30?) in Custom Mode.

But with abend CJS-00081. The last rows in SAPINST.LOG:

INFO 2005-02-13 20:17:50

Creating file C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir

\WEBAS_640_J2EE_ONLY\CS\CUS\TABLESPACES.XML.

ERROR 2005-02-13 20:17:51

CJS-00081 Assertion failed: OraSqlContext constructor:

arguments dbSidOrSrcObject and dbHome are not valid.

WARNING 2005-02-13 20:17:51

The step CheckForRunningDatabase with step key

J2EE_EngineEnterprise_OneHost|ind|ind|ind|WebAS|630|

O|J2EE_EngineEnterpriseDialogs|ind|ind|ind|WebAS|630|

0|J2EE_Engine|ind|ind|ind|J2EE_Engine|630|0|J2EEDB|

ind|ind|ind|J2EEDB|10|0|checkForRunningDatabase

was executed with status ERROR.

Just some more remarks on the underlying system:

- Win2003 Enterprise Edition on HP PLT 380 R03 Xeon

- JAVA j2sdk1.4.2_06

- ORACLE9i 9.2.0.6 - PatchSet

- SAPinst 1.0.0.1

- Source: SAP NETWEAVER 04; Installation Master DVD; Oracle; No.51030191

What about that row ...2005.02.13 20:13:31: JVM version is '1.3.1_07 ..??..

Exactly: Which document is vaild for which SW version?

Which version could be installed in conjunction with the rest of the whole Netweaver04 package? How to find these types of error? There is nothing about in OSS and other forums. What exactly is the reason ? (Because I had multiple homes before.)

TIA. HBuessel