cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM WebServices - Performance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are having a scenario where in we have to expose Webservice from SAP MDM. The scenario is based on the certain conditions from Legacy, MDM has to send the results to Legacy. We have installed all the .sda files and other things.

We are having around 1.5 Million records in MDM and have one repository. We are Loading MDM every 30 minutes and the import and syndication Traffic is very high.

When we are loading data through Import manager, Data manager GUI hangs till the importing is over.

My question is about the performance of Webservice. I would like to know whether the Webservice call will be completed after importing is over or independent(Web service and Importing and Syndication). Please let me know.

Thanks

Ganesh Kotti

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh

I would also prefer using MDIS for importing records in MDM as this can help in breaking down the records set into smaller chunks and efectively increases the performance.

If it has to be file upload using import manager you can also try to reduce the number of records held in 1 file.

All write operations are queued at MDM DB level irrespective of whether we are using webservices, APIs or Import manager.

hope this helps-Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

On a side note, have you considered using Master-Slave configuration in your scenario? Your repository usage seems quite high and to ensure end users don't get impacted, it might be worth re-evaluating the overall solution architecture....

Regards,

Shehryar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think this would depend on what CRUD actions the web service is performing. When an import occurs the system will lock the repository so changes cannot be made. With that being said, if you are attempting to modify records with a web service then I think it's safe to assume that it would fail, or be put on hold, until the import completes and the lock on the repository is released.

If you are simply doing a search, perhaps it would be different.