cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RV_BELEG - Number Range Buffering

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All: I implemented parallel number range buffering for my client via transaction SNUM for object RV_BELEG which includes orders, deliveries, invoices, contracts, etc. We did this because with the amount of users they have, when entering orders, they were getting short dumps upon saving orders and losing data. Changing to parallel buffering was suggested from SAP. It assigns a buffer of numbers to users as they log on or open sessions. The user groups entering orders, deliveries and invoices had no issues with these documents being out of sequence.

After we implemented this, the user group that enters contracts started to noticed that their document numbers were no longer sequencial and this is causing issues for them.

I have searched OSS and the web to find a solution so that you can stop a single number range, in our case, for the contracts, from buffering. All I have found is instructions on how to set up another number range for the same document type for certain sales orgs and then add the logic for this new number range and a custom talble in USEREXIT_NUMBER_RANGE. This does not apply where you have all contracts types being entered by multiple users accross multple sales orgs.

If anyone has any ideas, suggestions, solutions, please contact me.

Thanks,

Pam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pam,

As a suggestion, can you not make the buffer zero? I have made the buffer zero since the client was not particular on the buffer but they were very particular on the number range being sequential. They were ok with having the buffer as zero.

So perhaps you can try talking to your client on the same lines and convince them to have a zero buffer if possible.

Regards,

Rohan Gudavalli

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Have you looked at OSS Note 840901? I came across it when I was researching a different issue.