cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am wondering sampling schema and sampling procedure is required or not for sample management. I think sampling proc is necessary as we need to have the option of sample management in initial screen but Is sampling schema can be the optional? as we already going to have physical samples right ?

I have created the material and assigned 01 and 15 types in qm view to test this process. After that I am not sure about the complete flow of process. I know that I nee ed to create sampling drawing procedure and assign it to insp plan but not sure about the exact sequence though like whether I shd create the sampling scehema, procedure before I go to drawing procedure.

Pls help!

Mahee

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found you very confusing about what exactly you want to know

but I will try to explain whatever I know after going through....your post.

Simply

when you are creating a Manual physical sample creation(QPR1 etc ) you do it with inspection type 15 -->here you have to use the sampling procedure as sample management.Use of sampling scheme is not needed.

Whereas

when you are creating physical sample automatically you need to mention the sample drawing procedure in the task list header.You again need to create sampling procedure as sample management.Use of sampling scheme is not needed in the task list.But when you are creating the sample drawing procedure you may use the sampling scheme in the SDP.( Also remember you can also create automatic sample in 01 inspection type)

I hope I have made you understand something.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok...so only for manual, I need to assign the inspection type 15 in MM and for automatic its not required correct ?

I wanted the sample to be created automatically. so I shd have the SDP assgined to Inspection plan. (If needed, I will attach the sampling schema in SDP). As soon as the ins lot trigerred, samples should be calculated correct ? Is it calcuating based on the formula given in SDP ? I heard we will have info on sample number along with info and also label will be created as well. Where do I see all this info ? I checked with sampling drawing insts and it says...it will be printed as soon as I leave the transaction but it didn't..is it becos of my printer issue ?

Long story short ...

Create material with ins type 01

Create sampling procudure with sample managment option (pls provide the sampling type and val mode)

Create sampling drawing procedure

Create inspection plan and assign SDP in header or char level

Lot automatically created based on GR

Sampling drawing insts printed ( how to see the preview ?)

I am exploring this first time..pls help.

Mahee

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wanted the sample to be created automatically. so I shd have the SDP assgined to Inspection plan. (If needed, I will attach the sampling schema in SDP). As soon as the ins lot trigerred, samples should be calculated correct ? Is it calcuating based on the formula given in SDP ?

Agreed

I heard we will have info on sample number along with info and also label will be created as well. Where do I see all this info ? I checked with sampling drawing insts and it says...it will be printed as soon as I leave the transaction but it didn't..is it becose of my printer issue ?

If I remember correctly There is setting in defining the Inspection type>QCC3>inspection lot creation--->define inspection type about automatic printing of sample drawing instruction.Along with this there is also setting in customization.( I do not have system in-front of me so can't tell you correctly but you need to explore)

Create sampling procudure with sample managment option (pls provide the sampling type and val mode)

sampling type can be fixed along with manual valuation mode.

Create inspection plan and assign SDP in header or char level SDP can only be assigned at header level.

Printing sample drawing instruction can be seen i in the physical Sample display overview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot sujit...I will follow the steps.