cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

service for creating Maintenance order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am looking for webservice for creating a maintenance order in ECC ( in the same way as in TRX Iw31).

Can any one tell me ECC_MAINTENANCEORDERCRTRC service do the same? or what is the service?

Also tell me in which ECC version (Enhancement pack) I can find the service?

Regards,

Guru.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

You should really be browsing the [ES Workplace|http://esworkplace.sap.com/socoview(bD1lbiZjPTAwMSZkPW1pbg==)/render.asp?sap-unique=074845&sap-params=aWQ9RjZDRkMwRUEzRUYxNEJDOTg0MUM1MjgyNzJFRTg1ODMmcGFja2FnZWlkPURFMDQyNkREOUIwMjQ5RjE5NTE1MDAxQTY0RDNGNDYyJm1vZGU9] to find what you're looking for, it's quick & I found the detail below on what you're looking for in under 10 seconds:

[http://esworkplace.sap.com/socoview(bD1lbiZjPTAwMSZkPW1pbg==)/render.asp?id=E4B613FF67F411DA36BB000F20DAC9EF&fragID=&packageid=DE0426DD9B0249F19515001A64D3F462&iv=]

It also has details of which ECC version it was first available from (see 'First Released with' section). The 'Related Web Service Defintion' section tells you which web service is being used, in this case it's ECC_MAINTENANCEORDERCRTRC.

Best Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trevor,

Thanks for your reply.Actually I have looked at ESWorkplace and got this webservice.But I am not sure whether it is the right one or not.so I thought would take experts advice here.

I tried to use the same webservice for testing in SAP xMII. I have given the required inputs and tried to execute the webservice.It doesn't create maintenance order.I see an following Information in the tracer.

*Investment Management: No program item determined *

I searched in the forum with this info and found some SAP Note numbers.I reffered the Notes and it saying there are some problems with ECC6.0 EHP4 and suggesting some corrections to avoid this info.

I am using ECC6.0 EHP3.I am in confusion whether I need to upgrade my system to EHP4 or higher or not.

Before I go for upgrade I want to make sure that I am using the right service and the supporting ECC version from the experts.

Thanks for let me know that I am using the right service.

I would appreciate If you can give any suggestions on this problem.

Regards,

Guru.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trevor,

It seems like we need to upgrade our ECC version.

Can you please let me know will there be any changes to the existing configurations if we upgrade EHP to the higher versions.

I am not either Basis or Functional.

Regards,

Guru.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

I'm not sure what config you're referring to. If it's web service SOAMANAGER related then ther shouldn't really be any changes. If you are using proxies together with your web services, there are rare cases where the proxies aren't automatically re-generated after an upgrade. Thee is a SAP note that applies or you could re-generate the proxies manually.

I can't give any concrete advice for your specific setup but ideally you should upgrade you dev environment first & test all scanarios for possible inconsistencies. Because SAP follows standards, the structure of WSDL's sometimes change in accordance with these standards & these changes could be significant for consumers of these web services.

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trevor,

I am asking about functional configurations for PP,PM,QM etc.

Do we need to have a functional consultant to verify the configurations after upgrade?

Regards,

Guru.

Edited by: gurunadh kumar on Dec 7, 2010 2:39 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

I personally don't see any reason why the functional config would change but you should probably post that question in the relevant functional forum/s. May be also try the Web AS (basis) related forums.

There should also be lots of guidance pre & post upgrade) provided in the upgrade guide that should make life easier but tis is the kind of thing that basis would handle together with end user testing. Having a functional consultant available after the upgrade can't be a bad thing though but I can't see it being a necessity.

Best Regards, Trevor

Answers (0)