cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assignment Groups

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

is it possible to create an assignment which clears multiple fields on the main table or a way to create a group of assignments that run in one step of a workflow?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Each assignment can only manipulate one particular field. But yes, you may create multiple assignments and execute them simultaneously during a workflow step.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you both for the reply. I still can't seem to figure out how to create a group of assignments. I don't have an option for group in assignments like I do in validations. (Iu2019m running version 7.1.05.94)

As far as running them in the workflow, Iu2019m trying to run the assignments simultaneously in one step. Currently I have 5 different assignments running after each other, this is creating extra load in the system which is why weu2019re exploring the possibility of groups or a single assignment to clear this 5 fields.

Hope this explains it better.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more thing,

I tried putting the assignments inside a group in visio but get the following error "Step "Assign" cannot be inside a group step"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gootz

This is correct. Assignment step can not be put inside a Group step.

Coming to your requirement- If you have only SAP MDM in landscape then this is not possible to best of my knowledge.

You can try to do this from Portal end.

Thanks-Ravi

former_member201266
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gootz,

To the best of my knowledge its not possilbe, but where as workflow is considered create a group and put all the assignments in it. It would be like a single step.

Cheers,

Cherry.