cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

failed to get LOVs Error code 0x8004380D

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to create dynamic prompts in Business view manager. How ever when i create a report i see the .lov in "existing" tab of the parameer window but when i add it and bind it and then refresh the report I get the below error.

Prompting Failed with the following Error Message: u2019List of Values Failure: fail to get values. Cause of Error: Error in File UNKOWN.RPT: Failed to create the Crystal Database Connector

Error source: prompt.dll Error code 0x8004380D

Can someone please let me know whats going wrong here.

How do i fix this error?

Thanks

Edited by: candie_09 on Dec 6, 2010 7:05 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Are you using CR XI R2? If yes, try to install SP3.

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I am using CRX! R2, I think i have the full build, else how do i know what service pack i have?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Check the version of the crw32.exe. It should look something like 11.5.x.y. Post the version number here.

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

It says : 11.5.10.1263 what does it mean?

Thanks

0 Kudos

I believe that this is CR XI R2 SP4. Maybe its a regression error here. I would recommend to download and install the latest service pack (SP6).

Check the followling link for information on where to get the patch.

https://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700000867982010

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stratos, this does not work.

Is there any other solution to this error that you can think of??

Thanks

0 Kudos

Did you check the security settings of your business view?

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stratos, Not sure which security settings and how do i check that.

However I checked with database connection in BVM and connection is fine.

I installed sp5 and sp6 too and still getting the same error.

0 Kudos

Open all related objects for the Business View e are talking about here in the Business View manager and for each object go to Edit->Edit rights and check the rights your user groups have. Make sure that your user is assigned to a group with access to the BV.

Have you tried this with a user assigned to the administrators group?

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks For instructions Stratos,

I checked with the rights of all objects and they were inherited , I then changed them to Granted and I can login as an admin too.

But nothing is working , the error is still the same.

To my surprise when ever i bring the prompt in report it does make the prompt groups everytime it is used (like the numbers in end keep on increasing as i use the prompt ). Also in select expert when we bind the param it shows the list of values and ?param at the top. Only it doesnt do is fetch the data and fails to open connection.

Not sure whats going on wrong here