cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to select value from a list and pass it to stored procedure parameter

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a Stored Procedure Universe and built a webi report based on it. The stored procedure has two parameters. When refreshing the report, the Prompts window shows up and allows me to enter the data manually. I want to select the stored procedure parameter value from a list. How can I do that?

Since it is a Stored Procedure Universe, I can not drop a column to the Query Filters window.

Thank you for your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MariannevL
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Just a thought...

You could create a normal universe on the LOV objects and use a prequery concept.

In webi you would create the stored procedure query where results from another query.

That query would be the request for the selection values on the LOV universe.

Good luck,

Marianne

0 Kudos

You can alternatively associate an object as a list of values to the stored procedure in theuniverse:

- In the universe add the table that contains the column with values you want to display

- Create an object from that column in the same universe

- Edit the stored procedure dialog in the universe

- Select "Prompt me for a value"

- Associate an object to the prompt and browse objects to select the object you've created above

Now when using this universe in WebI, the prompt of the stored procedure will suggest a list of values to end user. the values in the list come form the object created in step 2.

Hope this helps

Abdellatif Astito