cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hover over Thread Title for thread preview?

che_eky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Would anyone else find this useful? Having the ability to preview the first post in a thread just by hovering over the thread title and not having to click into the thread. I have seen this used to good affect on other forum hosting websites.

The number of times that I have clicked into a thread that seems interesting only to back straight out of the thread having read the first post. Hovering over the thread title and previewing the authors post would give you a good idea of what to expect before clicking into the main thread.

Of course in an ideal world the thread title would sufficiently describe the thread contents right? if only

What do you think? (apologies if already suggested, I could not find a previous post)

Che

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Put your idea on Idea place. Send the link to the idea here and you have my vote. And maybe Oliver´s as well.

What do you think? Otto

che_eky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The idea is now on Idea Place ---> [Thread preview by hovering over Thread Title|https://ideas.sap.com/ideas/2122]

Thanks for the tip Otto and look forward to your vote!

Che

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You just got my vote. Thank you for taking time an putting this to IP.

P.s.: you´d better vote for your own thread (weird but you´re suppose to manually support your idea with your own vote).

cheers Otto

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Great Idea! You've got my vote too.

pk

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

che_eky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

[Link to Idea -> Thread preview by hovering over Thread Title|https://ideas.sap.com/ideas/2122]

I am surprised this Idea has not attracted more votes or comments. Am I missing something? do I need to better explain the concept or perhaps give graphic examples? Perhaps it is simply not as attractive a proposition as I had imagined it to be.

It would be useful if the Idea Place on SCN showed the total number of views an Idea has had. This would better help put into context the total number of votes cast and comments received. Oh no not another Idea haha!!!!

It would be interesting to learn if there are other ways to promote Ideas within the community.

Che

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It would be useful if the Idea Place on SCN showed the total number of views an Idea has had. This would better help put into context the total number of votes cast and comments received. Oh no not another Idea haha!!!!

Why not? The more ideas we have the better picture the SCN team gets when reading the suggestions and counting votes and building the business cases.

It would be interesting to learn if there are other ways to promote Ideas within the community.

I am working on it. In case you learn something useful, share it here or through a blog. Ide place exists few weeks/ months only and haven´t attracted enough attention from both sides (users AND SAP). One must be patient and open others´ eyes.

Don´t give up on Idea place.

Otto

che_eky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Otto I am glad to see that you are proactively championing the Idea Place. To be honest I had not heard of the Idea Place until you brought it up in this thread and I am certainly not giving up on it.

Che

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why don't you present this idea to Idea Place. It would earn my thumb up.

It's practical, and can save people's time. It also makes forum look more sophisticated.

Jen

che_eky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jen,

Already in the Idea Place just follow the link below...

[Link to Idea -> Thread preview by hovering over Thread Title|https://ideas.sap.com/ideas/2122]

Che

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It would be very interesting to get this standard feature from most forum softwares.

The question is : Is this possible with this "marvellous" Jive Software ?

Regards,

Olivier

che_eky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes it is used on other forum websites and makes browsing easier.