Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enter: /*xxxx (xxxx = transaction code) found after F1 in the Command Field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Not the most important thing in the world, probably comes somewhere between sweeping up the leaves and shovelling snow...

Found in the perfomance assistant after accidently hitting F1:

-- Command field --

You can execute the following commands in this field with Enter:

in the same session (window), whereby the initial screen is skipped.

Enter: /*xxxx (xxxx = transaction code).

Anybody ever use this and would it bypass an authority-check?

Cheers

David

PS no points will be awarded even if you give a brilliant answer as I'm on a no-points protest!

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Are you speaking about /n or /o switches?

Regards,

Raghu

0 Kudos

Hi Raghu

Neither - hit F1 in the Command field and those are also listed and I' used them but this /* was a bit of a surprise.

May not be present in younger systems (I'm on 4.6C)

Kind regards

David

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using ECC, but can't include /* with any tcode to bypass. If it is possible, may be we will start a new revolution in Security area

Regards,

Raghu

michael-john_turner
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Using /* just bypasses the first screen of a transaction (much the same as CALL TRANSACTION... AND SKIP FIRST SCREEN does). No security checks are bypassed and for it to work any required fields must be populated by SPA/GPA parameters.

Regards, MJ

0 Kudos

Hi Michael-John

for it to work any required fields must be populated by SPA/GPA parameters.

Good one - thank you!

Kind regards

David

0 Kudos

A difference to CALL TRANSACTION AND SKIP FIRST SCREEN is that it does not issue an explicit commit and does not actually process the first selection screen either.

What it does is that it handles all messages in the screens thereby effectively hitting "Enter" until the screenflow stops and an execute is needed.

You can observe this behaviour by starting transaction OBY7 as an example and comparing that to starting /*OBY7 --> the popups don't appear.

Cheers and thanks for the support to boycott the ponits system.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Ah! I see what you mean, maybe created by the same person who created transaction n