Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table in Table Popin?

former_member6345
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello @ll,

is that possible to add a table in a table popin?

I have read this in sap help: "It is not possible to use the Table UI element in TablePopin and RowRepeater UI elements."

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/23/5e9041d3c72e7be10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

But maybe it works in a Web Dynpro ABAP example, see this link:

/people/arun.padmanabhan2/blog/2009/12/01/table-in-table-popin

The question, is that possible in Web Dynpro Java?

Thanks in adavance.

Regards Armin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes can do so. You need to add a container inside your popin. Please refer [this|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDJava/How%20to%20implement%20TablePopin] link.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Manoj

former_member6345
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

thanks for your help but your link show me table popin without table inside. I know that it works with cells.

Have you experience or have you works with table in table popin?

regards armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No I haven't tried it out. Also don't have that project available with me otherwise I would have given it a try.

What comes to my mind is that since you can add a Transparent Container for a popin then you can also add a Table inside the container.

Regards,

Manoj

former_member185879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Armin,

Ya, i tried, but as per the SAP Library it is not possible in NWDS 7.0.14. When i tried it was giving an error as "0" ....Key.

So may be it could have be incorporated in the higher level.

Regards

Nizamudeen SM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
former_member6345
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Arun,

i know how table popin works. Please read my entry question.

Regards Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not supported in WD Java because some table functionality will not work properly when used inside a table popin. Maybe you can instead use a master-detail scenario where you display the detail table below the master table and relative to the selected master table row.

former_member6345
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Segmentation? nice name,

thanks for your anwser. The suggestion with master and detail table was my second idea.

Have you maybe an example or best practice link for a master-detail scenario?

@Nizamudeen

I will try it. I work with NW 7.2

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards

Armin

Edited by: Armin Rabet on Dec 9, 2010 10:43 AM

former_member185879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Armin,

Master/Detail table will be like follows:

For Ex. There are table with Header/Item details

The Header is displayed first.

1. You can place a check box in the first column, select the checkbox and click on display details button(new button) to display the item details for that selected check box element.

2. On LeadSelecting you can show the item details for the lead selected element.

3. Or Keep the Key Column(SalesOrder # for ex.) as link to action and on click of that show the item details below.

Regards

Nizamudeen SM