cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pros/Cons of multiple shipping points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are there specific pros or cons to having multiple shipping points for the same physical shipping location? I know that loading points can be used to differentiate different types of loading but are there any examples or pros/cons for why you would or wouldn't want multiple shipping points for the same physical location?

I know SAP doesn't prevent you from creating as many as are wanted, but I'm interested more in the business process or user impact.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

this is to inform you that,

multiple shipping points are used for the purpose of analysis and reporting.

in my project there are 5 loading points and basing onthe product.

we have divided into three shipping points one for

by rail

by road

by road - clinker.

by this you are able to find out from which shipping point exactly the goods are moving out of the plant.

balajia

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One option to go for multiple shipping points is the one already suggested. In my earlier project, we had two shipping points one for domestic and another one for exports due to the fact that two teams were there in warehouse who create DAs. One team for domestic project and another team for exports and both the teams generate 500 to 1000 DAs in a day via VL06.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maderas,

Multiple shipping points can have many purposes, but one purpose that I am aware of and that is currently applied at my company is for determining types of shipments. For example, in plant "X" let's say that there are 3 shipping points:

X1 - large orders, require 3 days of pick/pack time

X2 - medium orders, require 2 days of pick/pack time

X3 - small orders, typically rush orders, require same day pick/pack time

You can set up your delivery batch jobs to print these different types of orders. For example, you can have X1 batch job to run 1x a day very early in the morning so that pick/packers have large orders to work on and you can have batch jobs for X3 orders to run 6x per hour near the end of the day to accommodate your rush customers.

I hope this information is helpful.