cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prob. connecting to the R/3 thru NDS's SAP Logon Info. while Model Creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to create an RFC model in webdynpro. In the SAP Logon information screen, I entered all the neccessary information on the Single Server Tab (host name, Sys. No., client, username, pwd., lang.). When I click on Next it throws an error message saying that the user name is not authorized. But I am able to login to the system through SAPGUI though with the same information. I'm unsure what the problem is. Could it be a firewall issue, service issue, any configuration I'm missing??? Please help me out!

Thank You in advance,

Ashwin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Ashwin

Did you use a uppercase username ? use letter to try again . I am sure this is becasue of the

"uppercase" problem , I don't remember what's the exactly issue .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Chen,

It is not the uppercase problem. I've tried both upper case and lowercase. Is there anything I have to turn on inside any transaction to enable this remote logon through NDS? Or open up any port?

Ashwin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check all the parameters that you are giving. There is no other setting to be done in NDS to connect to the backend.

Request you to post the settings on the forum if possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey guys,

Thank you all for the help. I know that was a very wierd problem. It's fixed now. What happened was that, we are running 2004s and I wasn't aware of the fact that you need NWDS 7.0 to support that. I was running 2.0.9. I just now installed 7.0.7 and the connection to the backened was established as smooth as a cheese cake. Neways, I just lost a fistful of hair in last couple of days. Hope this info helps somebody who encounters the same problem. Points are assigned to you guys for your effort though...

Thank you again!!!

Ashwin