Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to block amount field and layout field in transaction MIR7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

Please tell me how to block amount field and layout field in transaction MIR7 for a particular user .

i am trying to block through SHD0 tcode but it is not blocked.please give me the right ans

Thanks In Advance

16 REPLIES 16

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can consider using GUIXt tool as well to manipulate screen fields if you don't want system wide change for all users by the help of developers in screen painter. Otherwise you can have a look into the document [Creation and Use of Variant Transaction|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/40d1443e-0184-2c10-c68d-c612f771fe6f].

Regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you mentioned transaction variant (SHD0) is not working, you may want to explore (with help from your developer) the usability of a screen exit or field exit to suffice your requirement.

Screen exit will display a customized screen(prepared by developer in screen painter as per requirement) when transaction MIR7 is executed and helps to bypass SAP default screens in a transaction flow.

Whereas Field exit is specific to customizations of the properties of only certain fields (Amount and Layout in your case) on the SAP default screens for transaction.

But note that these exits are client dependent, for a client independent solution look for BADIs that could be created.

Sandipan

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajuka,

Can't you restrict these fields by authorization? Just an alternate idea.

Regards,

Arpan Paik

0 Kudos

Hi

So please tell me how to block, do you have any idea

0 Kudos

I don't think Amount and Layout fields are restricted by any specific authorization in the SAP delivered code but we can introduce an auth check via a custom exit in the code for the transaction MIR7. I have seen such exits for tcodes like VA02, etc. Can you check the feasibility with a developer please and let us know?

Thanks

Sandipan

0 Kudos

Hi Rajuka,

Layout can be restricted via object S_ALV_LAYO. On the other field can you trace that?

Regards,

Arpan Paik

0 Kudos

>

> Hi

>

> So please tell me how to block, do you have any idea

What is the problem with SHD0? There is no reason why it shouldn't work if performed correctly. If you are not familiar with SHD0 then sit with someone in your team who is.

0 Kudos

Hi Arpan,

Have you tried this? I have tested this and seems even without S_ALV_LAYO included in user's authorization, the Layout field is still modifiable.

Just curious...

0 Kudos

Hi

In SHD0 when i am creating transaction variant & Screen Variant for MIR7,

with processing, their i give Layout field output then save & Exit and a group name i am define and assinge to a particular user, but it greyout for all user . now what i do pls give the correct ans

Thanks In Advance

0 Kudos

Hi Sandipan,

Layout related issue normally pointed to S_ALV_LAYO. As you said it is not working so something different is there. Can you please do 1 round of testing 1 more time. Try a user without giving access to F_IT_ALV. Let me know what is the output if that's not a problem. I do not have access to SAP system now. Being in misery.

Regards,

Arpan Paik

0 Kudos

Hi Arpan,

I agre with you that layout related issues point to S_ALV_LAYO normally but here the case is a little different, here the "Layout" field enables a user to determine which columns are displayed in which order in the item list so I think its not a typical ABAP list viewer setting.

The user I tried with didnot had anyother objects except the check maintained values for MIR7 which are SAP defaults and it didn't include S_ALV_LAYO or F_IT_ALV either.

Only option I think of is custom exists to deactivate these fields.

Thanks!

Sandipan

0 Kudos

Thank you Sandipan for the info..

0 Kudos

>

> Only option I think of is custom exists to deactivate these fields.

You can assign the variant to a custom t-code and provision that through a role. It's the method I use for a couple of reasons:

1. It keeps the auth concept consistent

2. I can never get the direct allocation of variants to users to work in a satisfactory manner

0 Kudos

Hi sandipan

Thanks for your reply,

but how to block amount and Layout field through custome variable.you mean to say through SHD0 tcode. or you have any other idea. please tell me, because i have done through SHD0 tcode but still it is not working

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos

Hi Rajuka,

I wasn't refering to SHD0 transaction variants. User exists and Customer exists are a very interesting enhancements in ABAP which helps to add custom logic to SAP delievered programs/function modules without actually modifying the original program.

Just to add a little more details to the concept of Custom Exits (Customized user exits), please refer the links below:

[http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAP/CustomerExits(CMOD)]

[http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=189893877]

[http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPFI/Creatinguserexitsforsubstitutions]

You will find a lot of information about custom exists and its types over the web. Also, your developer might provide you a better insight into this concept and its relevancy to your requirement.

Cheers!

Sandipan

Edited by: Sandipan Choudhury on Dec 10, 2010 8:02 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In SHD0 when i am creating transaction variant & Screen Variant for MIR7,

with processing, their i give Layout field output then save & Exit and a group name i am define and assinge to a particular user, but it greyout for all user . now what i do pls give the correct ans

Thanks In Advance