cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro-rata sales value appearing as full year charge in PS revenue plan?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi - I configured a pro-rata pricing condition to accomodate the possibility of part year charges for a maintenance contract. All seems to work quite well but if I create a sales order including a part year charge, the full year amount is carried through the PS reveue planning. Can anyone explain what I need to do to transfer only the billing plan value (part year) and not the value on the conditions tab?

Any feedback much appreciated.

Regards.

Patrick.

Edited by: Patrick Regan on Dec 7, 2010 12:41 PM

Just wondering if anyone out there recognises this issue - just to restate it a different way:

i) my project is defined with integrated planning turned on.

ii) I create a sales order with a line for maintenance - normal full year charge is £120 but the sale occurs 6 months into the licencing year and therefore the custome is only charged for 6 months in the first year - £60.

iii) My sales order works fine with the appropriate dates in the billing plan.

iv) HOWEVER - CJ42 shows £120 planned revenue?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The revenue against WBS should be 120 - this is the overall figure

What you need is to split the revenue

This is done by going into item details on the sales order - billing plan tab and then give a plan 60 for this year half and 60 for the first half of next year. If the billing plan tab is not seen then you have to check the item category configuration in SD to allow billing plan

You can also do this from CJ20N using WBS billing plan functionality

You will also need to ensure that the project planning profile has the option from Sales order and a revenue element activated

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you have mis-understood my question Virendra Pal - there is a bill plan - year 1 = £60 (6 months charge, year 2 £120 - my revenue plan is gettiing populated with £120 in year 1 ...... £240 in total ... which is wrong.