cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

full stock removal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created a SO for 20 qty and a delivery of 40 qty based on that SO. I have 60 qty of that item in a bin.I have enabled full stock removal for that storage type. I have also set 'return stock to same bin' indicator at the storage type. Now when I create a TO basd on that delivery , it is trying to remove 60 qty from source bin, place 40 qty to destination bin and place 20 qty in return bin (here in this case source bin).

But the TO cannot be created with this values, the system giving an error that pick qty is greater than delivery qty. What to do in this case? Why the retyrn stock to same bin is not functioning?

Thanks,

Mono

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mono,

Usually if a customer is using full stock removal, the

entire pallet is removed in WM even if it is more than the delivery

quantity and customizing will have been set up so that the

remaining quantity is put back into the same or a different storage

bin in the warehouse, depending on the customizing. For this reason

over-picking has to be allowed in WM. There are two fields at the

start of the TO transaction "Adopt picking quantity" and "Adopt

putaway quantity" by flagging this field, you can make the delivery

accept the new picking quantity from WM. You can also control these

fields in the customizing transaction "Movement type control in WM"

on the shipping interface in WM.'

Please try this and test. your issue will be resolved.

Kind regards,

Ramana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramana,

Thanks for your reponse. Aplologies for replying late.

In regard to my query, I have found two settings that control it. One is the movement type definition, where I have to activate 'overdeliveries' and the 'retun storage type/bin' (though this is optional , if the return stock to same storage bin is activated for storage type) . The other setting is in storage type definition,where I activated 'full stock removal' and also 'return stock to same storage bin'.

After that , when creating TO , what value is tp be chosen for adopt picking qty ?

My requirement is : Based on the delivery with 40 qtys , the full stock removal will be of 60 qty and the return to bin will be for 20 qty. I will confirm the TO, where in it will move 40 qty to 916 and 20 qty to return bin.

Whenever I am trying to post the TO the system throwing the error, Pick qty greater than deliver qty.

Kindly tell me the steps.

Thanks,

Mono

Former Member
0 Kudos

the settings u have specified are fine to complete the TO confirmation.

But i think that u r facing the error cause over deilvery is not at all allowed for the item catergoyr in delivery document

if u can activate that in ur document type for OBD or for the item category in the document then i think ur issue can be fixed.

settings in WM are just fine nothing wrong on that part though u r getting the error in TO confirmation but i still recommend u check the overdelivery for OBD item category.

also check the USEREXIT_LIPS-KOQUI_DETERMINE in Program MV50AFZ3 for any cusom code for this if the error message is not a standard one

Edited by: Sap: IN on Dec 28, 2010 1:19 PM