cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add AdHoc on Header Level SC within Status "In Revision" (BRF SRM 7.0)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we have implemented a n-step approval workflow within SRM 7.0 (BRF)

If the SC is created, user can add AdHoc approvers on header level.

Problem:

If an approver rejects or changes the SC, SC is sent back to requisitioner and he has to accept the changes.

But within this status (In Revision), the user is not able to add new AdHoc Approvers to the SC Workflow (Header Level)

Button is active but when I select a process level, chosse Add Approver, select an Approver and hit ok, process levels are not updated.

Task ID (SRM Standard) 40007994

Question:

Is this SRM Standard procedere?

Is it not possible to add AdHoc Approvers when SC is in Status "In Revision"?

Thanks and best regards

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andreas,

We have this exact same problem since we updated from Support Stack 7 to Support Stack 9. It works correctly in 7 that you can add approvers once a document is recalled. However, in 9, it lets me select one, but then doesn't update anything. Looks like a note from SP8 or SP9 broke this.

I entered OSS message 982625 on 12/2, however no response yet.

Regards,

Scott

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for the update.

We are currently on SP 07 but we have implemented several notes manually.

If you get a response, plz give an update.

Thanks and Regards

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes .. it seems like the problem with the latest SP level.. I am in SP5, which is working fine.. Once the SC rejected by approver and requestor edited the cart, and then add ad-hoc approver's. which is working fine in my system..

Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i received an answer from SAP:

It is not a bug, it is a feature

Have a look at OSS note 1508121

Regards

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

I still have not received a response back. I will strongly disagree with their response if that is the case. When applying note 1508121, this disables that add approver button on the "In Revision" step. It still leaves the add approver button enabled for the "Open" step under "In Revision", this should then allow for the approver to be added.

If nothing else if this is how they are making it behave, they should then create a non mandatory note for those that want to be able to add approvers here as it makes no business sense to allow this functionality for 7 support stacks and then take it away.

Regards,

Scott

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Scott,

I agree 100%!

But this is the official response from SAP

I don`t understand the business logic either. It makes absolutely no sense to disable the functionality in this case.

But I assume SAP will not offer any other solution..

If you get any news concerning this point, plz let me know, thanks!

Regards

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

I'm getting the new feature response as well. Very disappointing that it worked correctly through 7 support stacks and then is changed without regard to those using that functionality. Still don't see how it makes any sense that you cannot add approvers once a shopping cart is recalled, instead you have to create a new one, definitely a step backwards. Looks like we'll have to pursue a custom solution.

Best regards,

Scott

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the SC rejected and when the requestor accepted the rejection ( header Level ) then that SC can't be process ( change ) again, the requestor has to create a new SC with reference of the rejected one, whereas if the requestor change instead of accept then still requestor should be able to add adhoc approver.

Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Saravanan,

Correct on rejected, however we've been referring to recalled shopping carts (recalled from approval via editing).

Regards,

Scott

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It means once the approver changed the SC and requestor accept the changes, Can't requestor add adhoc approver's?..what will happen with SC.. just hang them on recalled status?

Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan,

In my system, it appears that still works in that accept changes scenario. It just isn't allowing it when the shopping cart is recalled by the creator.

Regards,

Scott

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan,

please have a look at OSS note 1508121 as well.

--> if SC is in status "In Revision", requestor is not able to add any new ad hoc approvers.

That makes (from my point of view) no sense cause it is a complete other business logic for this wf status.

Regards

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andreas,

Good news, OSS note 1548407 was released yesterday and has resolved this issue in our system. Hopefully it will correct yours as well.

Best regards,

Scott

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for the information!

I will try this out.

Regards

Andreas