cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Alert notification from SOLMAN for specific aborted jobs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SOLMAN experts,

We use SAP Solution Manager to monitor several satellite systems. We already setup the automatic alert notification for some MTE classes (local auto reaction method for Availability).

Now we would like to set up automatic alert notification in case of specific aborted jobs occurred in the satellite systems from SAP Solution Manager.

My problem is when I log in into satellite system I can see there always the current data under:

Background Processing --> System Wide --> Background --> Background Job Monitoring --> Z_Myjob

When I try to monitor this data from SAP Solution Manager under the following MTE:

<SID of satellite system>\Background\...\Z_Myjob

I get from time to time the following error:

No data could be determined for <sid of satellite system>\Background\Background Job Monitoring\Z_Myjob.

Nevertheless I could assign to this MTE class from SAP Solution Manager a central auto recation method from tcode RZ20

The appropriate MTE class for this job is Job_Monitoring_Status.

Unfortunately when I try to test this central auto reaction method I get the following error:

No method assigned

What is wrong with my procedure?

Any helpful information will be very appreciated!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Tom

Please check this thread

[;

I'm sure you can also find the answer in other threads on the forum. Try searching for central auto reaction method and even add mailing as keyword perhaps.

Kind regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Thank you, but your recommended threas does not solve my problem and describe an other problem.

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Tom

I assume your alerting itself is already working (your node Z_Myjobs) ?

When in RZ20 on that specific node, you should click on the properties button and move into the methods tab.

There you should have an analysis method assigned (the method that actually checks the jobs) when you click the button "method assignment" you should see the MTE class assigned in the Analysis tab.

Once you are sure that works properly you should define an auto-reaction method to perform the mailing of the alert.

Procedure to build a central auto-reaction method

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/ac/825f18c02e454dac8da51f4eb22265/content.htm]

Specific information to build a mailing auto-reaction method

[Note 176492 - Automatic email when an alert occurs (RZ20)]

Using the above documents you should be able to find all the answers.

Kind regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tom,

my first problem:

When I log in into satellite system I can see there always the current data under:

Background Processing --> System Wide --> Background --> Background Job Monitoring --> Z_Myjob

When I try to monitor this data from SAP Solution Manager under the following MTE:

<SID of satellite system>\Background\...\Z_Myjob

I get from time to time the following error:

No data could be determined for <sid of satellite system>\Background\Background Job Monitoring\Z_Myjob.

My second problem:

Nevertheless I could assign to this MTE class from SAP Solution Manager a central auto recation method from tcode RZ20

The appropriate MTE class for this job is Job_Monitoring_Status.

Unfortunately when I try to test this central auto reaction method I get the following error:

No method assigned

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Tom

For problem I it means the connection to your sattelite system fails sometimes. I would advice to check the log files of the sattelite system for failed connections (refused connections), connection timeouts.

You can check SM21, work process traces, log files in the work folder to find clues to why it sometimes fails.

For problem II, have you followed the instructions from the SAP note to create your autoreaction method ? The method assignment is something like onAlert mail (described in the SAP notes) and needs variables input so it knows what to do and where to send it to etc.

Kind regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Thank you!

Now we reached the situation that job was aborted.

We also get an alert. Unfortunately the alert was send only one times and has the delay of several hours.

Any helpful suggestions will be very appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

what is your issue? Monitoring aborted jobs and/or assigning central autoreactions?

1.) Monitoring jobs: there are two possibllities doing this: standard monitoring (nothing for you to do) or just monitoring specific jobs which you enter in table ALBTCMON (take this for searching in OSS for details).

2.) Assigning central autoreactions. A prereq for this is having CCMS-Agents up and running (meaning: registered in CEN and running on satellite system). Second, you need to configure a mail-alert method as central autoreaction on your solman system (take a deep look at the properties). You cannot just copy your local autoreaction method without changing the properties. Lust but not least, assign the central autoreaction in RZ21 of your solman system.

Hope this will help, if not, feel free to call back!

Regards,

Dirk