cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

maintain pre allocated stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can anybody tell me what is the exact use of 'maintain pre allocated stock' , Tcode LT51.

I was trying to do cross docking from 902 to 916. I have setup the 'consider pre allocated stock' indicator for movement type 101.

I had created a outbound delivery > TO creation > confirmed TO for an item which has no stock in whse.

Then after I did inbound delivery> TO creation , so while TO creation the system is diverting some stock to 916 directly from 902. This part is fine.

But my question is , do we have any setting that sets the stock on outbound delivery as pre allocated once the availability check is done and found that no stock for that outbound delivery is availale in the whse.

What exactly LT51 play here.

Thanks,.

Mono

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pre allocated stock is something similar to Cross docking.

This process is triggered by creating entry in pre allocated stock table.

When you create TO for Putaway system will check the pre allocated stock tabel & give a message if there is an entry.

You can goto preallocated stock tab in TO creation screen & add the qty. Reamining qty if any can be putaway with normal search process for BIN. In this case you will have 2 line items in TO.

Once you confirm TO system will clear the Pre allocated stock table.

Hope this will help.

Navin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navin,

Thanks for your response and apologies for coming late on this.

Based on your reply, does that mean that the entry to the pre allocated stock table has to be done manually as a seperate entry. Or there is any setting by which the system can mark the stock as pre allocated stock if it doesnot find it available in the warehouse while creating a delivery.

Because when you have many sales order which is going into back-to-back order then automated process will help which will keep marking the stock as pre allocated stock.

Any views on this.

Thanks,

Mono